Protein

Options
Does anyone have any recipes for high protein meals, quick to make. Need to drastically reduce my calorie and carb intake to lose weight again.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    First, to lose weight you only need to reduce your calorie intake. There's no need to cut carbs unless your a bikini competitor weeks away from stage and you need to look "dry".

Weight loss is from a deficit in calories, not carbs. Don't demonize a macro because you've seen Dr. Oz on Oprah do it.

• jonthemusse
    jonthemusse Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just ate a pound of ground pork-beef fried with a token onion and some oil. Topped it up with a cup of grated cheese. Only carbs were in the taco mix I threw in there, but even there there was more salt than carbs.

1300 kcal, and maybe 5 grams of carbs.

Now, if that qualifies as a meal, I don't know. But I have added it to MFP as a recipe to convince myself for it to be so.
  • jonthemusse
    Options
    Oh, prep time is about five minutes from a cold skillet.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Not recipes as such, but try to make your meals out of high protein foods like chicken, turkey, pork, beef etc, basically all the meats and fish - eggs, almonds, walnuts (and more) chickpeas, black beans, seeds, yoghurt and cheese..
    I can see lots of salads here with various toppings actually... lol!!
  • jonthemusse
    Options
    What she said. Salads. Boiled eggs for bulk, fish, chicken, bacon for goodness, ground flax for fiber, random seeds (pumpkin and sunflower are cheap and good) for general happiness, and the King of veggies; cups and cups of shredded cabbage.

Throw in some salt, pepper, provincial herbs, vinegar and oil. you can sit down and chomp at it through a whole hockey game.

This is already cooking. It takes time and makes a mess.
  • plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of high protein recipes, if you want write to me I`ll share what I know.
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    What she said. Salads. Boiled eggs for bulk, fish, chicken, bacon for goodness, ground flax for fiber, random seeds (pumpkin and sunflower are cheap and good) for general happiness, and the King of veggies; cups and cups of shredded cabbage.

Throw in some salt, pepper, provincial herbs, vinegar and oil. you can sit down and chomp at it through a whole hockey game.

This is already cooking. It takes time and makes a mess.

What she said... lol were you referring to me?! (hello again!)
  • jonthemusse
    Options
    Yes, you said salads
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recipes for high protein meals, quick to make. Need to drastically reduce my calorie and carb intake to lose weight again.

I like making two chicken breasts, using some seasoninsalt and a little olive oil. Then eat them.

Good lunch.
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Yes, you said salads

That I did... you can make many a tasty salad with those bits and pieces :)