Need to be healthier to make my feet happier!

kensng
kensng Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone!

I am 32 male and feel like I really need to make a more permanent change in my eating habits.

I'm 5'10 and 200lbs but I've never really seen it as a problem. Yes I have some chub on my body but I've always been active (climbing, badminton, biking, volleyball) but the last 9 months I've noticed I've been having a lot of foot issues. Plantar fasciitis. Achilles bursitis (caused by a really painful chinese deep tissue massage!!) and just general ankle/flat foot etc. Issues.

I've always loved eating (who doesn't!) but since Ive always been active - enough - I didn't see it as a problem. Now that I have been having these foot issues, it really prevents me from being active. I really would like to lose a good 10% of my body weight to 179lbs (I haven't seen my 170s in 15+ years).

I am also starting my own retail bakery and working towards opening up in 2-3 months and find it quite frustrating that my feet are feeling tired all the time when I am not on my feet long. It's the plantar fasciitis that keeps creeping back.

I need to lose weight to help my feet out. So I can be more active. I can be on my feet more for work. And just generally prevent a downward spiral of being less active due to me being overweight and stressing my feet and making me become even less active.

It stops now.

I have decided to:

1) start eating better obviously. More produce and greens which I have always enjoyed. Just lazy to keep them accessible.

2) find workouts that don't stress my feet so I can still be active if my feet aren't perfectly healthy. I'm thinking swimming but I've always been a bit self conscious about it. But I'm at the point where I need a good exercise that doesn't require my body weight on my feet and this seems like the best choice... This and biking will probably be my regular thing.. I still have a lot of resistance to swimming but something I should conquer my body image insecurities.

3) find a support group here. I always find it helps to have peers sharing healthy food photos and accomplishments.. And just having people to be accountable with!

Good luck to us all and thanks for reading :)

-ken