queston on gaining an fitness

Options
i dropped back to 152lbs, from 170 i couldnt hold onto what i gained in in 2 months.
i need body building advice, you think it would be better to try an bulk on 3,800-4000+ cals again, i dont really care for fat gains as im scrawny i would rather look stalky then weak, you think if im tryin to get to 190lbs lean, you think it would be better to bulk to 210 then cut or get to 190lbs then eat at maintainence an hope for a recomp, or fast bulk to 170 again then go for slow bulk.. my goal is 190-200lbs 10-15%bf. kind of wanna go for the aggressive fast bulk option cause i know i can drop weight fast an dont really wanna slow bulk cause ive been tryon to get to 190 for 4years now an dont wanna wait any longer for slow to no gains

Replies

• mannymoos3
    mannymoos3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    in 6'1 and got stressed out an fell into old eating habits of not eating enough an skipping meals
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think from what you've said you have the answers already! Namely you know it's the nutritional levels that have caused the weight loss!
    So, add 100% Whey Protein Powder before bedtime and after workouts.
    Eat more nuts and seeds.
    Add COCONUT OIL to your shakes.
    Add FLAXSEED and Cinnamon into your foods and presto, your intake will be boosted with great sources of nutrients to fuel faster established gains!
    Tell me more about your training regime re last 4 years without significant gains!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mannymoos3 wrote: »
    i dropped back to 152lbs, from 170 i couldnt hold onto what i gained in in 2 months.
    i need body building advice, you think it would be better to try an bulk on 3,800-4000+ cals again, i dont really care for fat gains as im scrawny i would rather look stalky then weak, you think if im tryin to get to 190lbs lean, you think it would be better to bulk to 210 then cut or get to 190lbs then eat at maintainence an hope for a recomp, or fast bulk to 170 again then go for slow bulk.. my goal is 190-200lbs 10-15%bf. kind of wanna go for the aggressive fast bulk option cause i know i can drop weight fast an dont really wanna slow bulk cause ive been tryon to get to 190 for 4years now an dont wanna wait any longer for slow to no gains

Well it's definitely going to be slow. That is the reality of the situation. Even if you were 10% body fat now, that would mean you would have about 135lbs of lean body mass. Being 190 at 10% would put you at 170lbs of lean body mass. Being that you are young, you might be able to pull off 20-25lbs of muscle in the first year and then it tapers. In the best case, you would probably need about 1.5 years to accomplish such a feat. That is if you bulked the entire time and didn't have an overly aggressive surplus and you don't start hating your body after all the new fat accumulation.
  • mannymoos3
    mannymoos3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    diverroboz wrote: »
    I think from what you've said you have the answers already! Namely you know it's the nutritional levels that have caused the weight loss!
    So, add 100% Whey Protein Powder before bedtime and after workouts.
    Eat more nuts and seeds.
    Add COCONUT OIL to your shakes.
    Add FLAXSEED and Cinnamon into your foods and presto, your intake will be boosted with great sources of nutrients to fuel faster established gains!
    Tell me more about your training regime re last 4 years without significant gains!

well i guess i cant say i havent gained anything i went from 135lbs-155lbs 2years ago an have been stuck at it, i just hate bulking cause its hard. an i think i burn alot calories at work witch dont help, i find it easy to skip meals an eat 1-2 500cals meals a day. most times i eat it makes me lazy an feel low. dont know why. its not like i havent been tryin to gain or eat but i cant seen to make it a habit. the pic is when i went from 155-170zilz8e6hyreu.jpeg

lifting on a modified SS 3 days a week
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at a surplus consistently. I suggest liquid calories (it's what I did to reach my amount). I will explain more below.

What is your TDEE? You need to eat +500 calories over that for 1lb of weight gain per week. Reach this every day consistently and you will have great size and muscle gains.

For food, I suggest including the following in your diet:
    Whole fat milk, snacking on almonds (calories stack up quickly), avocado, add olive oil to your meals (1 tablespoon is 120 calories!), spreadables like peanut/almond butter sandwiches, etc.

I used to make a shake with: whole fat milk, chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, some peanut/almond butter, and olive oil if I need extra calories. That's like 600-700calories in one shot.

Keep on lifting with big compound movements. Starting Strength / Strong Lifts are great, and add in upper body accessory work too (chin/pull ups, biceps curls, and abs work).
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Look I feel your frustration and understand you hate bulking... We all have our challenges! I don't know what to suggest but am happy to help if you can tell me more details. Do you use the MFP for example? Tell me what macro split you are averaging?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hating something such as bulking is not going to get you this mass goal you have set up. You do need to enjoy the process along the way or it certainly will not work.

Why not take it in steps. How about try to gain 5, 10, then 15, then 20. Take it small chunks.

Only eating 1 to 2 500 calorie meals a day is not going to get you there. I see this as the main hurdle you need to tack first. If you keep loosing and gaining the same weight per se, you will stay in a vicious cycle. It sounds like you need to really commit to gaining just like a person does to loosing weight.

Make eating and your goals a higher priority and of course set them realistically. If you have trouble gaining 5 or 10 then you should sit down and assess what it is keeping you from your goal, 99.9% of it will be you keeping you from your own goal.

I agree that you should drink your calories, I think you will be amazed at how much this will make a difference, but you need a progressive lifting program while you are eating all these calories should you be able to.

You already have the answers you seek, now you need to put your head in the game and execute it.