(Zig Zag) Calorie Cycling?

Options
jax_006
jax_006 Posts: 87 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone on here done this? If so, what were the results? Any suggestions for someone wanting to deviate from their current eating plan to try this out? Any pros and cons?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I cycle my calories in the sense that I don't eat the same amount every day. Mostly I just bank for the weekend, but sometimes I'll plan to eat a bit less one day and a bit more the next due to training. Pros-flexibility and adherence. Cons-None really.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've done it. I didn't lose any better or worse than I did keeping my calories equal every day. If it's more sustainable for you or better for your schedule, go for it. It's all about personal preference and what works best for you.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just skimmed a reader's digest article, but it kinda sounds like what I do naturally/easily--run a weekly deficit, with some days high and some days low. I mean, I find it helpful because then I can work in more flexibility and it's easier for me to stick to, I've lost 72 pounds doing it this way. I don't know if it's for everyone, but for me the concept seems to work well.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    To me it seems natural. I mean I really don't think people who have never had a weight management problem eat the SAME amount of calories every day. They indulge, then hold back, or move a bit more, naturally.
  • Sohsen
    Sohsen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's about macro cycling plus calorie cycling, and it works really well. The macro ratios depend on your body type - endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph. If you want more details let me know. I'll gladly walk you through a 6 week cycle that'll leave you shredded :-)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Sohsen wrote: »
    It's about macro cycling plus calorie cycling, and it works really well. The macro ratios depend on your body type - endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph. If you want more details let me know. I'll gladly walk you through a 6 week cycle that'll leave you shredded :-)

LOL. :D

Why not post all that fantastic, get shredded in six weeks info here for all to see? This is the second thread where you've written this and told people to contact you for more info. Surely there's no profit to be made, right?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sohsen wrote: »

:lol: NM, I got nothin'.