When did you LOOK like your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    amiwills wrote: »
    @Jams009 What do you recommend for recomp? I bought the strong curves book and have the strong lifts app, but I also have been blown away by the results women have achieved from the bikini body guide! Could you get results like those from strong lifts and such?

If you have a look, you'll see that those programs all have a lot in common. The most important being:

1) They work the whole body evenly
    2) They get progressively harder as time goes on.

Almost any program that meets those two criteria will work. The different programs are just different ways of doing the same thing. Which one you do should be purely based on which one you think you will enjoy the most.

FYI, number 2 is called "progressive overload" which is well worth googling and understanding.

• Jams009
    edited April 2016
    Options
    amiwills wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I definitely think I'll be losing weight beyond my goal, and will def do recomp. When do you think I should begin recomp? I haven't started anything yet as I have (minor) surgery next week so I would have to take a short break and I was looking at doing one of those 12 week programs.

Which brings me to another point.... Is it possible to gain fat when the scales say you are losing weight? I have been losing 2lbs a week throughout my journey so far. But I'm sure I look so much flabbier today on love handles and belly I don't know what's going on!

Tough questions...

1) It's up to you, when look in the mirror and you think "I'm almost the right size". Or when you are 5-10lbs from your goal weight. There's no right way to do it.

2) It's possible. There's more to your total weight and appearance than just fat; water retention plays a big part. If you are in a calorie deficit then you shouldn't have any energy left to convert to fat, but it's possible to be in a calorie surplus while losing water weight, which would result in a loss in total weight but an increase in fat. It would be minor though; water weight has limits and fluctuates quickly; if you are in a calorie surplus your weight would quickly go up again in a few days. If you are steadily losing 2lbs a week I seriously doubt you would be gaining fat.

Hope that helps.

• Jams009
    edited April 2016
    Options

• amiwills
    amiwills Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Jams009 thanks so much for the info! Literally just made another post about the lifting etc and you've answered a lot of my questions. Thank you!
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Before Xmas! I pigged out
    Won't be doing that again this year! It's not worth it!
  • VictorVegaJr
    VictorVegaJr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Muscle Comp is a big difference maker as well. When I played ball, I was a lot bulkier, not necessarily cut but definitely muscular. I weighed between 275-280 and I looked like I was 230-235. Scientifically 1 pound of fat takes up 20% more space on your body than 1 pound of muscle. You might be at a point where putting on more muscle is your goal in order to look leaner as opposed to continuing to lose weight. Just putting it out there. Congrats on your continued success.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nevermind. I reread everything.