Bulletproof coffee: normally coffee or BPC beans?

Options
debsfran
debsfran Posts: 97 Member
I've been drinking BPC for the past few weeks. I use nescafe gold blend. But I'm wondering whether I should be using the proper bulletproof coffee beans to see proper results or is this coffee just a money making gimmick?

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    IMHO it is a gimmick. I drink BPC with regular store bought organic coconut oil and Kerrygold Butter, I don't see the need to buy the expensive MCT oil either.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's a straight up gimmick.

I just enjoy my coffee with creamer and Splenda.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Complete gimmick.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you like it, I guess. Too many calories for me. Just use regular beans. I'm going with gimmick too.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Debsjeav wrote: »
    I've been drinking BPC for the past few weeks. I use nescafe gold blend. But I'm wondering whether I should be using the proper bulletproof coffee beans to see proper results or is this coffee just a money making gimmick?
    100% money making gimmick...
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Options
    BPC is not a gimmick in and of itself. It's more for folks that are following a LCHF diet plan coupled with intermittent fasting. The idea is that since the drink is essentially just fat content, that you aren't breaking fast, but that your body/brain is getting the fuel that it needs from the fats. I say keep enjoying your BPC but there is no reason to buy special beans, oil, or even butter if you don't want to.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    BPC is not a gimmick in and of itself. It's more for folks that are following a LCHF diet plan coupled with intermittent fasting. The idea is that since the drink is essentially just fat content, that you aren't breaking fast, but that your body/brain is getting the fuel that it needs from the fats. I say keep enjoying your BPC but there is no reason to buy special beans, oil, or even butter if you don't want to.

Wut? If you're consuming calories, you aren't fasting.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If you feel the need to drink fat in your coffee go for it. But i would never buy the bulletproof coffee specific beans. THAT would be going to far.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Options

Wut? If you're consuming calories, you aren't fasting.

Technically, yes, but for the person who is in ketosis, consuming BPC promotes ketogenesis. This article explains it better than I can. https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/ And here is a message board post that talks about it as well http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread104926.html

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    To those that have been doing this for some time...
    -What has your experience been? Do you feel different - less hungry? - do you use as a snack or meal replacement? How has it helped you?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've been using BPC as my first meal of the day for months. I find it satiating and tasty. I do follow a LCHF plan though, so BPC fits my macros perfectly.

I don't think you need special beans for BPC, but using quality beans is going to make any coffee more tasty.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you're down to plunk down $$$ for BPC-specific coffee, just buy something locally roasted instead. Chances are you have some good specialty coffee in your neck of the woods.