Effect of large amounts of alcohol on weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    eeejer wrote: »
    while processing alcohol the body will not use food as energy, it all gets stored as fat essentially (well, carbs and fat do, not lean protein). Basically everything you ate during the day and everything you ate after drinking is being stored. That being said, one week is not enough data to accurately predict anything.
    Not so. Alcohol CANNOT be stored in the body, so it has to be metabolized out. What happens is that until alcohol is completely metabolized, no other energy source is used. So no carbs, fats, or proteins. If one is eating and drinking which ends in surplus, then of course weight gain will happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

you did not read my post.
    I correct myself then. You're right, I read it so fast, and you DIDN'T say alcohol gets stored as fat. I read it that way skimming. Apologies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• iheartshunsuke
    iheartshunsuke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    8R1C60 wrote: »
    Well, MFP is wrong! Whichever way you look at it, 1200 calories is not enough. Clearly you're eating more than that though, which is why you're not losing weight.
    The fact is if you cut the booze & junk food and are 100% honest about what you're eating then you will lose weight. Boring I know, but its the only way..

If you had read the first post, you would have realised that I'm already down 5kg. I'm well aware of what I'm doing.

I did read your first post. If you were well aware of what you were doing, you wouldn't be on here asking for advice. Seems like you're getting snippy because you're not being told what you want to hear!