Fitbit curiousity- what are the benefits?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit, it's been a massive motivator for me and I love being able to see my calorie burns. Seeing the number in front of me makes me want to go harder to see a higher number- however it also makes me feel guilty when I skip a workout as well!

Since buying a Fitbit (Charge Hr) i have gone from a half-hearted running schedule to joining a gym and attending 6 days a week for 11 fitness classes!

I love it. I've only had it since late February, but I already want to upgrade to the Blaze. I just can't justify the cost at the moment. I'm hoping my partner will get the hint that it is something I *really* want and will buy one for me as a wedding gift in August. Failing that, my birthday is in November ;)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Charge HR. It was shocking to see how sedentary I was. If I hit 3 - 5,000 steps per day it was a miracle. I'm doing 25,000 every day now. I lost 52 lbs. over 15 months and transitioned to maintenance a few months ago. Holding steady at 127 lbs. I'm 66 years old and 5'2.5" tall. Can't live without it. It keeps me active and moving and I've found it to be fairly accurate. I used to sit and read a lot but now I'm active for at least 9 - 10 hours per day and save my reading for the evenings.
  • KristyBlack
    KristyBlack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. I'm always trying to beat my own personal best and the challenges against friends keep me motivated to move more. In the evening my son walks with me and he loves to see my stats when we are done, so its even motivated him to move more.