Looking for the video that shows weighing food vs. not.

Options
Does anyone have a link to the video that shows two tables with a days worth of food - one weighed out and the other not - to show the difference in the amount you could be overeating?

Replies

• RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    have you tried youtube? I would be interested in said video too.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I found some, but not the specific one I'm looking for. I always see people post it as a reply to the "Why am I not losing weight" threads, but couldn't find it in the threads when I searched.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have no idea how you'd do this in any sort of remotely accurate way, since some people are going to be way better at estimating than others. (It's rare in general, but I actually over-estimate how much I'm eating when I don't measure.) If you want to make this point to yourself, I'd say try estimating how much you think a portion is, and then weighing it. You'll get a sense pretty quickly.
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options
    No, it's not for me. It's to show my sister in law how far off you could be by estimating or using measuring cups vs actually weighing food.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how you'd do this in any sort of remotely accurate way, since some people are going to be way better at estimating than others. (It's rare in general, but I actually over-estimate how much I'm eating when I don't measure.) If you want to make this point to yourself, I'd say try estimating how much you think a portion is, and then weighing it. You'll get a sense pretty quickly.

That's a good idea. Make your own video!? :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options

I might do that. Use all the same foods - guesstimate on one, use measuring cups on the other, and then weigh one. Show the difference in how they look and the difference in calories! lol
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @queenliz99 you have the url to this video?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I might do that. Use all the same foods - guesstimate on one, use measuring cups on the other, and then weigh one. Show the difference in how they look and the difference in calories! lol

It'd be pretty funny if you actually guesstimated correctly.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • tiffanylacourse
    Options