Anyone have the Fitbit Blaze? Charge HR? Surge? Which do you like best? Please Reply!!!

Options
Heard good things about the Fitbit Charge HR, the Blaze and the Surge but I know others like Garmin styles too would love your help!!! ☺️

Replies

• mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My Blaze should be in tonight.

I'll let you know!
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge hr for a year now and for me it has been spot on with Calorie adjustments, through a cut/bulk/cut cycle it has been totally reliable for my goal. The HR data can sometimes be a bit off and the resting heart rate seems high : often reporting higher than what I know my resting heart rate to be - but other than that, I like the data it gives and it somehow encourages me to go that extra bit further, which is really what I wanted it for originally.
  • skeltonblues
    skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you @paulcormack and I agree that's the motivation I need!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I also have the charge hr and find it's very accurate with a few minor adjustments to my settings (wear on non-dom hand, tell it you're wearing on dom hand, enter actual measured gait length, tell it you're one inch shorter than you really are).

It has been absolutely invaluable to my weight loss. I was getting stupid high over-estimations with burns early on, then to compensate I tried to underestimate by saying I didn't work out as long/run as far, etc. Now I know my numbers are good. from 10 lbs down to 30 lbs down I've had it and it's been phenomenal.

I love my HR, but if I had $200 I'd get the blaze because it's prettier and you can change the band for fashion purposes (kind of helpful since you're never supposed to take it off and I never do except swimming and showers and charging). But my car A/C just broke so no joy:(

ETA:spelling corrections
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My parents both have Charge HRs, and they really like them. I know my mom says it really motivates her to exercise more.

The HR part does seem kind of off. My mom's seems to report a number that is too low (unless she is secretly a 30 yo athlete), but my dad's seems about right. When I tried it, it got mine close, though, it was a tad high from what I got taking it myself.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR. I haven't had any problems with it and it helps me kick it up a notch.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @mespreeman Great thank you can't wait to hear your feedback! What do you have now? Or prior to the new Blaze?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have a Surge, which I got shortly after it came out. Depending on what you are seeking, I don't suggest it. If I had to go back and do it again, I would have gotten the Charge HR. The HRM is really useful. However, the extra features for GPS use the battery too fast. Some of the other features (texting, incoming call notification, music controls) don't fully work with my Android. When I first got it, I didn't know until after I already bought it, but they said it was only compatible with iPhone. Then they later said they fixed the problems with Android, but mine only partially works to this day. In hindsight, I would have gotten the Charge HR for the HRM function, but not the other features in the Surge.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in following! I was interested in getting an Apple Watch but those are super expensive, so if the Blaze is comparable (for half the cost) that's where I'm going. I've only heard good things about the Charge HR, but I'd love for more Blaze opinions (I know it's only been out a month or so).
  • rescuemom27
    rescuemom27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love my charge HR. I find it very helpful in watching my HR and it is very accurate with the steps! I love that it tells you how much time you are in a "fat burning zone" for your HR and I love how it tracks your sleep and how often you wake up (since I do a lot). I think this is a great tool to use at doctors appointments as well.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @midwesterner85 what do you think about the new Blaze? Lots of Charge HR users seem to like it so trying to decide btw the two?
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @crazymama2both yes I agree that's what I need!
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @303lissy I have considered the apple watch but I need a couple of days battery life on any wearable device, the Charge does me for 3 days solid and that was really what swung it for me when I purchased, until apple and the other more power hungry devices get a longer charge life I'll be avoiding them.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've been using Charge HR for about a month... Still not sure if the calorie expense from workouts is accurate and I tend to log my exercise calories a little bit less than what the Charge HR shows (didn't connect it with MFP & just to be conservative). The HR part seems working fine compared to the readings from my blood pressure wrist cuff. I have to say it's fun to read my own heart rate when doing different things (surprised to find my HR on the calm side while having road rage during driving, lol).

Other than those workout-related functions, I enjoy reading my sleep logs & try to see if I can improve my sleep quality. But this device is not the best replacement to regular watches, especially the esthetic part. If you're only interested in everything (sleep monitor, workout calorie, watch function) but not the HR, there are certainly better & prettier options in the market (had my eyes on Withings Activite but this one has no HRM). If you're interested in HR function, I'm afraid I don't have much to share at this point since this is my first HR monitor :neutral: (hope this would help... :blush: )
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @CoffeeNCardio thank you much so if new user you'd go with the blaze over the charge HR right?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 what do you think about the new Blaze? Lots of Charge HR users seem to like it so trying to decide btw the two?

I don't know, I haven't used one of those.

My issues are that 1)the GPS takes too much battery, and 2)most of the smartphone features don't work with my Android device.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Moved from the "Force" to the Blaze. The heart rate monitor works great and the sleep tracking is much improved. I stopped using it on the force because I had to actually tell it I was going to sleep. The lens is holding up well, no scratches and I know I have hit stuff. I have not really dug deep into the setup but have not found a way to make incoming email subject line show up on screen but the caller ID does. I thought I would use the music control function but have yet to do so. It is a bit large for a woman to wear and my wife thinks it is ugly. Battery life is about 4 to 5 days.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CoffeeNCardio thank you much so if new user you'd go with the blaze over the charge HR right?

Yes. The blaze simply wasn't available last year when I got my HR. If I could turn back toume (Cher ha ha)...

Don't get me wrong, I love my charge hr, I really love it. But It's a big bold black line on my arm no matter what I'm wearing that day. The blaze has other options and can be changed at will. I'm especially fond of the metal watch-look.

ETA: I'm not against big black marks on my arm (Love my tats!) but options are nice:)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR, love it, but I know that like MFP it is all an estimate. I use it as a motivator and to watch trends. I particularly like watching how my resting HR has been changing as I add in more exercise. I find I can't sleep with it on, but that is me and not everyone has that issue. Good luck!
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I had the Charge, not HR. Thought I lost it but I found it. Fitbit sent a replacement but I found my Fitbit so I gave the spare one away. Then the Charge fell apart in 7 months, so I upgraded to the Alta. The Alta is great but within a month the plastic clip for the charger broke so Fitbit is sending me a new device and charger.