Food cravings

Options
What should I do when I get good cravings?
I usually end up eating chocolates and crisps and then feeling really guilty.
What would you do in my place?

Replies

• StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth x and good luck
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Don't have trigger food items lying about or anything that comes in large quantity packs.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you can eat in moderation then weigh out the food you want into a single serving and eat it slowly. If you can't eat in moderation (one chip will turn into 100 chips plus a pint of ice cream) then get busy with something else. Play a game on your phone. Take a walk. Make yourself a cup of tea and read.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions already. I say wait it out. Distract yourself for a set time (5 min. or 10 min.) and then see if you are truly hungry then have a small portion and then put it away. Tell yourself the food will be there later or tomorrow.

Also a craving is just that. It will pass and you don't have to give in to it. Once you realize you have control over the food and it doesn't control you it's a very empowering feeling.
  • seanafvet
    seanafvet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i have been chewing extra dessert delights gum to help with my cravings. today is mint chocolate chip, so it gives me the flavor for my sweet tooth without the calories of eating the real thing. I also watch food shows while working out and when I am done i am not craving food as much. and take BZAH10 idea of distracting yourself you will forget you are craving the sweets. subliminal messages try to real you in. you can do it.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Brushing teeth is a good one actually! And sugar free jelly (jello) for when you really have to eat something!!
  • christinezittel
    christinezittel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is a really good type of chocolate that I eat without any guilt. It's called "Good Stuff Cacao". My health food store now carries it. I found it originally at a yoga studio.
  • SuzannefromtheSC
    SuzannefromtheSC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to distract myself and wait it out. Sometimes gum helps or coffee with a low calorie creamer. Decaf in the evening. If the craving won't go away I try to have a small portion of what I want. Sometimes ignoring the craving only makes it worse and I end up eating way more than I should. Good luck to you. I've heard it gets better with time. I'm still waiting for that.