Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Kodiak pancake mix

melissa6771
melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I keep hearing about these pancakes on here so I had to try them. I found them at my local Costco and tried them today. They are actually pretty good! I need to add a bit less water though. I did the mix, water, and one egg. I had it with two pieces of microwaved bacon and 1oz of sugar free syrup for a breakfast of 325 calories, 31 carbs, 11 fat, 27 protein, 5 fiber. Not bad.

My Costco has this pancake on clearance for $7.97 for a 4.5 pound box.

What else do you guys make with this mix?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Photo albums? :D
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2016
    I've put a mashed banana in mine, a little pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, blueberries, strawberries, diced/minced apples and cinnamon, chocolate chips. Possibilities are endless (just like regular pancakes)! I love them. I usually make a huge batch and refrigerate or freeze them for breakfast/pre-workout snacks throughout the week. I usually just make mine with water, though.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Which Kodiak mix did you get? I use the whole wheat, oat, and honey one, which is a just-add-water variety. I like it a lot! I haven't tried mix-ins, I just put different toppings on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've actually tried with milk and egg, egg, or milk, and my favorite is just mixed with water! I just vary the toppings. Typically though I add a bit more water to make them more crepe-like (but not too much or they stick something awful).

I haven't tried the oat mix - just the power cakes and the buttermilk one.