20/30 Fast Track anyone? Started today

Options
pga02
pga02 Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
Anyone doing the 20/30 Fast Track. Just started today, load day 1. After eating low carb since January I find it hard to eat sugar and starches. I actually had to force myself to eat Chick Fil A today. LOL. Would love a buddy to follow and for motivation.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What I've read, sounds awful. Are you paying for this?
  • pga02
    Options

I'm not sure why it sounds awful to you.
    It's a clean eating plan for 30 days, looking forward to detoxing. I have strickly followed a ketogenic diet for 6 months and have not lost a pound or inch. Not giving up!
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Clean eating means nothing, and detoxing is a hoax... You are making this sound even worse than "just" 20 grams fat and 30 grams fiber per day :s
    You can eat anything you want and lose weight as long as you eat less calories than your body needs to keep your weight stable. You haven't lost weight because you weren't in a calorie deficit. Did you count calories while doing keto?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    pga02 wrote: »

I'm not sure why it sounds awful to you.
    It's a clean eating plan for 30 days, looking forward to detoxing. I have strickly followed a ketogenic diet for 6 months and have not lost a pound or inch. Not giving up!

Your body does not need detoxing if you have a functioning liver & kidneys.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/detox-diets
  • pga02
    Options
    Not looking for haters. Not the kind of message board I was looking for. Oh well :) BTW Kommo I have been eating 1200 calories for months and exercising 5 days a week with no success. Starvation mode is a hoax.
  • blswilliams
    blswilliams Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished something similar and lost 28 pounds in 6 weeks. Go for it! I'm maintaining now and looking forward to doing it again in a few weeks.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    pga02 wrote: »
    Not looking for haters. Not the kind of message board I was looking for. Oh well :) BTW Kommo I have been eating 1200 calories for months and exercising 5 days a week with no success. Starvation mode is a hoax.

I imagine being a 2ft3" quadriplegic it's hard to exercise 5 days a week.

For that I applaud you.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    OP - if you are not losing weight on 1200 calories then you either need to see a doctor or you are eating more than you think.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10179969/weight-loss-flow-chart-2-0/p1

Even a 5' tall, sedentary 60 year old woman can lose weight on 1200. Slow, but it can be done. Find your maintenance calories here:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • vredfern61
    vredfern61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just heard of this recently and was trying to do research on the so called diet. what is cost involved and what are supplements you have to take. It sounds very similar to Betr (Pure Proactive) or whole 30. will follow and see how it works for you :) and to the haters...take a hike...1200 calories a day does not equal weightloss...sometimes it is because you are not eating enough. I am not sure why some people feel it is necessary to troll the boards only to make negative hateful comments.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    vredfern61 wrote: »
    Just heard of this recently and was trying to do research on the so called diet. what is cost involved and what are supplements you have to take. It sounds very similar to Betr (Pure Proactive) or whole 30. will follow and see how it works for you :) and to the haters...take a hike...1200 calories a day does not equal weightloss...sometimes it is because you are not eating enough. I am not sure why some people feel it is necessary to troll the boards only to make negative hateful comments.

ZOMBIE thread...........

This post is 2 months old, so I don't think the OP is coming back to post her results anytime soon.

If stating facts is "hate" then I guess I'm guilty. 1200 calories is a default minimum for meeting nutritional goals, so it does in fact = weight loss for the vast majority of women. If 1200 doesn't work for you, perhaps you are 4'6" tall, perhaps you have metabolic issues, or perhaps.....just maybe you aren't calculating caloric intake accurately.

Most women can eat more than 1200 calories & lose weight. Sometimes folks expect faster weight loss than is realistic. Also consider water weight.....the scale may not reflect weight loss if you are hanging onto water weight (time of month, higher sodium, sore muscles).

People don't stop losing weight because they aren't eating enough........http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/761810/the-starvation-mode-myth-again/p1
  • kommodevaran
    Options

You came in here to place your first post in a zombie thread? I don't know if you know what "troll" is... maybe invest in a mirror? "Hate" and "negative" are such convenient, emotionally charged, politically correct words. Good job! You hit all the marks in one short, consise post.

To lose weight, you need to eat less. Less food = less cost. No supplements are necessary or effective for weightloss. If you aren't losing weight, you aren't eating too little. If you really aren't losing weight, and you will only know that if you monitor your weight on the same scale with fresh batteries and over a sufficiently long period (a month), and really, honestly, believe you are eating 1200 calories, consistently, assess your logging. There are some common errors in logging, but they are also very easy to fix, provided you are willing to make the necessary effort.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

ZOMBIE thread...........

This post is 2 months old, so I don't think the OP is coming back to post her results anytime soon.

If stating facts is "hate" then I guess I'm guilty. 1200 calories is a default minimum for meeting nutritional goals, so it does in fact = weight loss for the vast majority of women. If 1200 doesn't work for you, perhaps you are 4'6" tall, perhaps you have metabolic issues, or perhaps.....just maybe you aren't calculating caloric intake accurately.

Most women can eat more than 1200 calories & lose weight. Sometimes folks expect faster weight loss than is realistic. Also consider water weight.....the scale may not reflect weight loss if you are hanging onto water weight (time of month, higher sodium, sore muscles).

People don't stop losing weight because they aren't eating enough........http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/761810/the-starvation-mode-myth-again/p1

Psst - 1 year and 2 months old. If it worked, OP didn't come back to rub it in.