Officially left weight watchers to come back here...

Options
124»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The magic behind all weight loss, no matter what club/diet/scheme/fad, is a calorie deficit. The real wizardry is that it's free to be in a deficit! Glad you've realised this is the case.
  • caressagordon
    caressagordon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Giving MFP another try! Smart Points are not for me.
  • bella1600
    bella1600 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the WW comments. I tried it for a month. For me, it's not realistic. I travel for work everyday so I eat out a lot. I also agree with everyone's comments about sp values. They may be accurate but awfully strict. So I'm back. My goal is to get back to 156 by April. That was my lowest weight on MFP in April, 2015. Does any one have an idea for "bonus points" on MFP?

Please let me know if I can add you. My weigh in day will be Monday, around 6 am.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW since mid-June. It really works for me. Points versus healthy eating isn't a far leap. I think I like the accountability piece best and that's what I need right now. I do pretty much eat what I want just watch portions. I lose weight even when eating daily and weekly points. Any system can work for someone but it depends on what you put into it. You will not lose weight eating exactly what you want....that's why we're here in the first place. I say, if it work for you use it. If not, find something that does. Nothing will work if you don't put in the efforts to make it work
  • misstc_loselbs
    misstc_loselbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently attending a WW class but I am giving MFP ago as I feel like I am stuck in a rut!
    Need to get back to losing ways!! xx
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I have two friends who lost weight on WW a long time ago. One lost 40 pounds! So I wonder what the difference is between then and now, and why don't they just go back to what worked in the past?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I have two friends who lost weight on WW a long time ago. One lost 40 pounds! So I wonder what the difference is between then and now, and why don't they just go back to what worked in the past?

Oprah bought part of the company. That's what changed.
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tried WW and lost 40lbs but stopped and gained it all back plus more. My doctor gently suggested that I go back after seeing her last month. I thought I'd come back to MFP instead since it's free and although I did enjoy attending the WW meetings for the support, I hope to get some supportive friends here! Feel free to friend me!
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I currently attend wwers for the meetings and the w/in, but follow the mfp program.

I like the leader at the meeting I go to and the group of people, but the support is minimal and the program very confusing.

The support on mfp is incredible! And this program is fairly simple add your food and many options come up, add your exercise and many options come up! Plus this app is free, unless you choose to upgrade

Will stick with wwers meetings and w-in for now for the accountability.

This! I am currently using WW because it forces me to think about my choices and actually log my food. I do agree the plan is ridiculous in that per logging foods in WW, I should have gained weight, but I've been steadily losing and about 3 lbs away from goal. I know it seems silly to pay for the program, but I do need the people and the success stories that I can see as opposed to pictures on the internet.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I remember being put on WW when I was 11! Always starving, 'snacking' on tomatoes and crying because I was hungry. Lost weight. Put it alllllll back on haha (I was a growing girl y'know).
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,I have been a Weight Watchers member for years and have done really well on it. For the past 10 months I have havw been fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I added up my calories and noticed I was eating between 1100-1400 calories per day. MFP says I should be eating 1660 for the amount of training I do. Has anyone ever experienced this before? i am so frustrated and feel so defeated. Do u measure veggies and lettuce? Don't think I can....