New Fitness Journey

Hi. My name is Lisa and I want to get fit. I'm fed up of how I'm feeling so here goes.... digging the heels in and changing things around for myself. I am just an ordinary person and wouldn't say that I am a fitness freak but always enjoy it when I do it.......it's just that food is so damn tasty. Over the last while, I have had a lot of bereavements and suffered with depression which is where I think it started, but I'm much better now. I've looked after my head and now it's time to look after my body.

I'm feeling motivated and ready to start. Don't know where exactly but I'm just going to begin with the common sense of eat less and move more so here goes.

Any feedback, suggestions,tips and stories are most welcome

Replies

• pizzacutter4x4
    pizzacutter4x4 Posts: 2 Member
    I have suffered from depression most of my life, so I know your pain.... (meds help-but they can give add to weight gain... grrrr) I started by taking away the emotional connection I had to food, there are different was to do that but for me I just started eating the same thing everyday... boring i know but it worked. I lost 40 lbs 10ish years ago and have kept it off, though I do eat different things now but watch the amount. And I take note when I have become "mechanical" about eating. ie: eating w/o thinking, like sitting down and eating half a gallon pail of ice cream: been there, done that.... :smiley: fitness: have a goal, be realistic, don't beat yourself up, but keep at it even if it's slow. I started by trying to run to the neighbors w/o dying, once I could do that I upped the distance, and so on, last year I ran my first 26.2!
  • That's fantastic :) my head is much better now and for maybe the first time in my life I actually care about myself so I'm ready to look after my physical self now. Trying to simply eat healthy and do a 20 min workout most days. Well see how it goes but I feel better already :)