Finding Nutritional Label

Options
I just got done eating about 2 cups of shrimp Alfredo with bacon bits. The ingredients are store bought Alfredo sauce, rigatoni noodles, bacon bits, and shrimp. I put in each ingredient and the amount of it I think was in the 2 cups I ate. Will I have to keep doing this or is their a better way to find out the nutritional label for that meal?

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If you have a phone or tablet, you can scan the bar code on many products and MFP will look it up in the database:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/13640-how-do-i-use-the-barcode-scanner-to-log-foods-

If you don't have a phone or tablet, you can often look up the nutritional info on the company's website.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to put it in your recipes. So before its made you put how many servings it makes and the name then you put in everything in the dish. Then you see how much a serving is. So it would be like recipe name shrip Alfredo with bacon, 5 servings, then it asks if youll be putting ingredients in manually after that you do it just like your diary but you add everything in the whole meal made then it will show you how many calories are in 1 serving. Youll see. Its hard to explain but thats what i do when i make a meal like that. Then when you figure it out its more of eye balling a serving. Like i always do a serving of 4 because i have a family of 4 then i take a quarter of the meal before serving my family becaise theybdont eat exact servings.