Which fit bit?!

Options
Hey, hopefully someone can give me some fit bit advice, should I purchase the fit bit charge or fit bit flex? Also can I log my food on either and sync with mfp to show my calories burned and food log? Thanks in advance

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You can buy replacement bands for the Flex, but not for the charge.

The only additional things you get with the Charge are Caller ID, Steps, and a display.

If you are going to get a Charge, I would do the ChargeHR since it's on sale for $129.95 (same price as regular Charge) until May 3rd on Fitbit's site. Then you would get a better clasp and the addition of the HRM for the same price as the regular Charge. The Flex is also on sale for $79.
  • fontenelleh
    fontenelleh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, you are very helpful!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    The flex is great for me. Doesn't display the time, but everything downloads to your phone. I love it.
  • yablomx10
    yablomx10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend a Fitbit. I have worn a Jawbone UP2 for a year and just recently wanted to give the Fitbit Charge HR a try for the continuous heart rate option. I wore both for a full day and found that my Fitbit was saying I walked over 4,000 more steps than my my Jawbone. I would move my arm or roll over in bed and get 10-20 steps right then and there. Seeing that large number made me feel great but I knew it was false. I then read up on some studies that showed Fitbit's step tracker was highly and consistently inaccurate compared to Jawbone UP2/3 and other more expensive trackers. The other options on the Fitbit are great but if you're getting it mostly for step tracking, I would consider some other trackers.