Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm awesome, you're awesome, let's be friends!

Take 32095728.
After another hiatus of thinking "hey I'm fine I can do this by myself" I found myself to be a stinkin liar & am back to kick more *kitten* than before.
I'm 27, 5'7.5 (seriously, doctors said so) and my highest weight came in at 230. After months of trying and retrying (and some fabulous friends here at MFP) I dropped down to 174, the lowest I had been since before college. Proud of myself, I thought "I don't need no stinkin weight loss logs!" Andddddddd yeah. Currently I bounce around 176 - 179 and my ultimate goal is 150. I'm having a helluva time finding motivation and all of my motivational MFP friends deleted me from their lists (rightfully so, I had disappeared!)

I'm a zookeeper & animal trainer: I walk an average of 5-7 miles per day just at work (this does not include any of the lifting/dragging/wrangling/scooping we do); I'm learning how to *like* running and want to *love* it. I don't go to the gym (read: can't afford a membership) but have a longing to lift heavy.
I'm pretty damn goofy, redefining my hourglass shape (legit dude: big chest and helluva pair of hips) and love to give motivation (but I do need it back!) If you need tough love, and someone to push you while still offering a cookie (moderation, people) and celebration balloons and possibly a well placed "that's what she said" joke, then I'm your girl!

....so now that I'm done selling my soul (*cough* telling you how awesome I am) wanna be friends??

Replies

• shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Hey there awesome person! :D
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    I can tell you'd be inspiring as long as you don't disappear! Feel free to add me!
  • ChrisBrockway12
    ChrisBrockway12 Posts: 32 Member
    Lol that was a fantastic post. I lol'd. Adding you right meow. I said meow, don't judge.
  • me_monster
    me_monster Posts: 98
    Dude....yes.
    Just yes.

To all three of you.

I may or may not have squealed a little.
  • you didn't lie, you do sound awesome. i'll let you be the judge of my awesomeness. so yeah, lets be friends :-) x
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Hey Monster,
    You can add me if you promise to share a funny story from the zoo from time.. bet you have a bunch!

I'm glad your back! I did triathalon traing for year and a half and then quit thinking I could do it on my own too. I gained back all I lost and more. You are not alone!!
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    thanks for the chuckle :) feel free to add me!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    you ARE awesome
    and super funny - almost as funny as me!
    Let's kick *kitten* together.
    I have gone up and down by 30 (ok a bit more) pounds too while on MFP in the last 2 years.
    Heeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeee we go again.
    Round 307568.
    I have a fitbit now too and I find it has gotten me goin' again with motivation

Let's do this!
    Heather
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    loving the awesomeness of this post,

just the other day i was thinking my friends list is great, but why have i not got any goofy cookie eating zookeepers on there? where are they all at?

anyway, your post made me smile :)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    add away!
    my-mustache-brings-all-the-girls-to-the-yard-and-damn-right-its-better-than-yours.jpg
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Nerfitness.com has some good bodyweight circuits that can be done with no equipment, so no gym required, that I highly recommend. Feel free to add me.
  • mmg0327
    mmg0327 Posts: 29
    You post made me literally LOL--please add me!
  • tizzypic
    tizzypic Posts: 27 Member
    You are just super adorable! Feel free to add me. :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Feel free to add me as well~
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    I am here because awesome people recognise awesomeness in other awesome people. I am in!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    You sound pretty awesome, but how do we prove our awesomeness? Will there be an interview? Can I earn extra cookies?
  • scrummy92
    scrummy92 Posts: 81 Member
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    I added you :)

Any of you feel free to add me, too- 33/f 5'4 162 looking to get down to about 130, and take it from there.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Feel free to add me, you made me lol! Need some laughs in my news feed :)
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    I'm totally in the same boat. I messed up my ankle and was eating at maintenance in April then, since I was eating at maintenance, I was all like 'pssh i don't need to log' and sat on the couch for a month or so and went up a pound and a bit. oops.

Let's kick *kitten* together.