Just a quick question

Hi all, I have just finalized my daily diary and even though I am always under my goal its predicting a much lower weight loss over the 5 weeks than I had set it for..any ideas why this could be please?

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    It does that for me, too, and it's different every day. I just ignore it. :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    The prediction is based on a simplistic equation assuming linear weight loss and the deficit for that day. It's often fairly inaccurate. Ignore it.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Don't worry about it. It says that if you eat like you did today (that number of deficit calories daily) that you will weigh that amount in 5 weeks. Try to eat healthy and it will balance out.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    That prediction is just...

PieInTheSky_zps045fccac.jpg
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Yea, I really ignore it. lol.

I followed the same eating pattern for 5 weeks once just to see if it was correct and it was nowhere close. That was just me though.
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    If you logged exercises, they raise your allowable calories, carbs, fats, etc. Some people ignore these extra calories. I use them, within reason (may use half of them, for instance).
    The built-in calculator doesn't like you to dip way below your allowable calories, but it doesn't seem to mind a deficit of around 200. It's not a one-size-fits-all system, but it also isn't geared exactly to each individual.
    If your totals are reasonable, don't worry.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,329 Member
    I love the "in 5 weeks" message and write it in my food notes every day. I find it very motivating! If I am below my goal, the message promises a big loss; if I'm over by a lot, it warns me to keep it from getting out of hand.
  • joolsmitchell
    joolsmitchell Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you all very much...I won't take any notice of it from now on. :-)