recording weight lifting in MFP

Options
So I noticed when adding weight routines to MFP you cannot change the rep's or weight after you've selected a lifting type. For example bar bell flat press I have to put 4 sets of 10 reps of 100 pounds, not 4x12,10,8,8 with ascending weight.
My guess is that it doesn't matter that much? This site isn't geared towards weight training so they didn't design the UI for that.

Also it's weird I could not locate incline barbell press in the db. What other name should that go under?

thank you

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    If you are using MFP to record the calorie burn from lifting, there is an entry under cardio for "strength training". The actual calorie burn varies a lot depending on how you lift, but this entry is a decent estimate and you don't have to bother with recording each individual lift.
    If you are using MFP to log your lifting history, then it would be better to find another app.
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ah i can fix your problem!
    Enter each SET separately!
    That way you can log each set with different reps and weight for each!
    How's that work for you?
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    If you are using MFP to record the calorie burn from lifting, there is an entry under cardio for "strength training". The actual calorie burn varies a lot depending on how you lift, but this entry is a decent estimate and you don't have to bother with recording each individual lift.
    If you are using MFP to log your lifting history, then it would be better to find another app.

oh cool thanks, it doesnt need to be exact IMO
    diverroboz wrote: »
    Ah i can fix your problem!
    Enter each SET separately!
    That way you can log each set with different reps and weight for each!
    How's that work for you?

i thought of that too but seemed like way too much work and i dont need it to be that exact.

thank you for replying