Why can't I tell when I am hungry or full?

Options
For some reason I can't tell when i am hungry anymore since changing my lifestyle. I just eat whenever I usually eat. I have a schedule. Sometimes I feel hungry but thats only when I am really hungry. Also, I can't tell when I am full. I could eat and eat and not feel full. The only time I feel full is if I totally stuff myself. Anyone know why this is happening?

Replies

• EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are not alone but I can't tell you how to correct it. I've lost my weight low carbing but that hasn't fixed things other than now I don't crave carbs so much and they were my primary method of snacking. By lowering my carbs I didn't have to worry so much about calories because the majority of my snacking was eliminated automatically. But it didn't fix the full/hungry felling that just seems to be broke in me.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    According to the nutritionists, it takes 20 minutes for you to feel full after beginning eating.

I think what is appropriate is you eat till you had just enough. Not to the point where you feel stuffed.

Some foods are too "light" and I feel like I haven't nourished myself. So i cant live on just lettuce and tomatos, to feel satisfied, I find that protein (like fish) seems to give me that full feeling (but i haven't overeaten). Fiber makes you feel full, so like make a piece of fish with spinach. I just ate that and I feel really full.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    an eating schedule can be better than waiting to eat when your hungry - that way you avoid over eating. I was told by my nutritionist to have something small every few hours rather than larger meals. As for "not feeling full" depending on how/ what your eating it could be fine - that is if your eating enough calories. It could just mean that your satiated and not full. Thats another good lesson is to eat until your not hungry and not until your full - again if you eat until your full that could mean you over ate.

So as long as your eating right, theres nothing to be concerned about :happy: