Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options
Koacyw
Koacyw Posts: 25 Member
Are there any NHL fans in here to connect with? Make some noise if your team is still in it! My Sharks finally exercised their LA Kings demons.

Replies

• saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I haven't followed hockey in a long while, but did I hear right that not a single Canadian team made the playoffs?
  • Koacyw
    Options
    Nope. They all missed, this season. 2 from Florida and 3 from California. Crazy.
  • saramickeydee
    Options
    incredible
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Pens fan here. Looking forward to a series against the Caps who were pretty much the best team during the regular season. Holtby has been playing lights out and the Pens have had to rely on their offense and a backup goalie. Given all of that, i hope it's a good series. Playoff hockey is the best.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The wild are already out of it :disappointed:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Go Sabres!

Ok, well...I'll at least give a, go Islanders!
  • foobnum
    foobnum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Canucks never made it this year, then my Blackhawks were eliminated in an epic series with St. Louis... was cheering on the Panthers.. gone too. At least the Kings and Rangers lost though.

Fun thing is I wouldn't mind seeing any remaining team win it... except for the Ducks. Each team seems to have their own story.

This second round is going to be amazing. Mostly can't wait to see Stars/Blues and Caps/Pens, hope they go the full 7!
  • saramickeydee
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Go Sabres!

NO!
    I think the Rangers will do it next year if I start watching again. Even though I've moved to western NY.
    The last time I followed hockey I was privileged to watch the fall of the 1940 chant. :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the Blackhawks were eliminated this past weekend.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Go Sabres!

NO!
    I think the Rangers will do it next year if I start watching again. Even though I've moved to western NY.
    The last time I followed hockey I was privileged to watch the fall of the 1940 chant. :)

lol. As a Sabre's fan - born in Buffalo - the best I can do is support the Islanders. Can't do the Rangers. lol.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Do NOT expect me to root for the Blues. That's sacrilege.
  • Koacyw
    Options
    That series is going to be a lot of fun. I think that and the Blues/Stars series will be the best of the 2nd round.
    Pens fan here. Looking forward to a series against the Caps who were pretty much the best team during the regular season. Holtby has been playing lights out and the Pens have had to rely on their offense and a backup goalie. Given all of that, i hope it's a good series. Playoff hockey is the best.

• Koacyw
    Options
    That Game 7 between Chicago and St. Louis was one of the best hockey games I have ever watched.
    foobnum wrote: »
    My Canucks never made it this year, then my Blackhawks were eliminated in an epic series with St. Louis... was cheering on the Panthers.. gone too. At least the Kings and Rangers lost though.

Fun thing is I wouldn't mind seeing any remaining team win it... except for the Ducks. Each team seems to have their own story.

This second round is going to be amazing. Mostly can't wait to see Stars/Blues and Caps/Pens, hope they go the full 7!

• Koacyw
    Options
    Sorry for the loss, my friend. Lol.
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    The wild are already out of it :disappointed:

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I didn't expect my Lightning to make it past round 1, considering their inconsistency during the regular season, but they have moved to round 2 and play the Islanders tonight.
  • Koacyw
    Options
    And doing it without Stamkos has been most impressive against a feisty Detroit team. Best of luck. Should be a fun series.
    I didn't expect my Lightning to make it past round 1, considering their inconsistency during the regular season, but they have moved to round 2 and play the Islanders tonight.