It's always harder in the beginning...

Options
My wedding is in September and I need the motivation to kick butt and loose the last bit of weight I have! Getting started is always the hardest part. So if anyone is in the same boat let me know! We can do this

xxoo Alex

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Set your goal at losing 0.5 lb per week, then be honest, truthful, and accurate with your food logging. Your message gives me the sense that you have less than 10 lb to lose, so it's really best to do this with small, easily achieved changes which can last a lifetime. I'm pretty sure you don't want to grow a dad bod after the nuptials.
  • allyjstone
    allyjstone Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    My wedding of September 2013 was my biggest motivator. For me, it was all about taking one decision at a time and making it a good one. Then one day at a time and trying to end a day with good decisions beating out bad decisions. Before you know it, you'll be getting your wedding dress altered smaller and smaller.
  • noonin259
    noonin259 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now! Not getting married but just started 3 days ago. WE CAN DO THIS! I'm at that "if I eat all the cookies right now, I won't be able to eat any cookies tomorrow" stage, haha!
  • Uba31
    Uba31 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would set a goal of 5%-10% weight loss... which is realistic for a September timeline.

I also saw a cool thing online that I want to try too: You have 2 jars, one with marbles in the amount of what pounds you want to lose and you move them to the other jar as you lose them. Maybe something visual like that will help to motivate you.
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Alex, I am in the same boat. I am going to Hawaii in September, and I am working toward getting in to shape for the trip. I will accept friend requests!!
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Uba31 wrote: »
    I would set a goal of 5%-10% weight loss... which is realistic for a September timeline.

I also saw a cool thing online that I want to try too: You have 2 jars, one with marbles in the amount of what pounds you want to lose and you move them to the other jar as you lose them. Maybe something visual like that will help to motivate you.

Love this idea!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    johanna306 wrote: »
    Uba31 wrote: »

Love this idea!

But you have to move them back when you gain. Good luck and don't lose your marbles.