Jillian Michaels Bodyshred

Options
hmrey76
hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
Hi! Big Jillian fan here. I started 2 years ago with her 30DS and have continued to do her other DVDs. I love the results!

I Just completed body revolution and started bodyshred. Is anyone else out there doing it? Would love to have friends to keep accountable. With the occasional whining of "what does she want us to do?!" :)

Replies

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    what do you think of the bodyshred? I am considering purchasing!
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I like it so far. Nothing is impossible! :)

Have you done her body revolution yet? I would say it is a step up from there...it's more intense. Sorta like body revolution on redbull. :) lol
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have it and do workouts from it fairly often, but not go be beyond 3 &4 yet. Love the set, but addicted to Insanity Max 30 just now!
  • hmrey76
    Options
    The only beach body workout I ever did was the first p90x. It was way too long and then I switched to JM and have never looked back :)
  • sarochka85
    Options
    Did Bodyshred Workout 3 today. Quadtastic... but no quad stretch in the cool down! quote an odd workout... cardio way too easy, but many if the strength moves were really cardio- jumping lunges, squat hops. Not sure if I like it or not.

Where are you at in the programme, OP?
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I just finished week 1. I really like this program....so far ;)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts too. I have my favorites I rotate depending on the amount of time I have and what I feeling like doing that particular day. I didn't really like Body Revolution for some reason. There were some workouts I liked and then others I didn't. I have been thinking about getting Bodyshred, so I would love to hear more opinions.
  • hmrey76
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think body shred is a step above body revolution. I like it so far...
  • Natalieh1983
    Natalieh1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 I'm not very flexible but its a lot of plyo and up and down but its great I feel it
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Started my second round on Sunday, dropped a pant size in week 4 and 8. Week 4 is brutal but I can now do a jack la lane push-up without modifying and a bow and arrow push-up, the are so many variations of push-ups, burpees, mountain climbers the list is endless, keep at it. I use 3 and 6lbs weights the first time round and I'm still using the same weight as a lot of the cardio and weights have you in planks, you really feel it when you repeat a circuit. Keep at it guys
  • hmrey76
    Options
    Thanks for the update rosey35! :)
    I finished up week 1 Saturday but hurt my knee Sunday. There is a lot of plyo in this vs her other workouts and I think that is what did it. I hope it heals quick so I can start week 2 soon! :)
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning. I love Jillian.
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I love Jillian too!!! :) Started week 2 yesterday.
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i just started BodyShred, only done the first 2 work outs so far, but i'm liking it. I loved 30DS and ripped in 30, but wasn't a fan of Body Revolution. I think i like her 3-2-1 style work outs better. I haven't worked out in a while, so jumping into BodyShred has me nervous, but i'm hoping to stick with it. I also run, so i'm doing that inside of the cardio from the workout (unless i can't get out and run for some reason). Good luck!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am so close to buy this. Its great hearing all of your feedback. I love Jillian's workouts and looking to mix things up a bit. So glad you are all enjoying it!
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I love this workout and I do like her 3-2-1 format also. I saw great results on body revolution. Body Shred will probably give better ones! I finished week 1 and felt great. I hurt my knee running so right now no JM. I am SO sad. Can't wait to start BS back up again!
  • sarochka85
    Options
    I did Week 5 'Conquer' yesterday... actually found it easy. Bit disappointing!
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I will have to keep that in mind. I always find the back workouts easier than the fronts.
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually just starting teaching a Bodyshred class at my gym and was curious as to how it compares with the bodyshred DVD's (never done them). The class follows the same 3-2-1 format with 4 circuits a 3 min warm up and a 3 minute cool down for a total of 30 minutes. When I went through my instructor training they recommending doing the class no more than 3-4 times a week (if you are actually doing each class at full intensity) to give your body a chance to rest. Do the DVD's give you a rest day or are you doing a workout every day? I really enjoy teaching a taking the class, its a fast, intense and effective workout.
  • JNLStable
    JNLStable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tinanana7 wrote: »
    I actually just starting teaching a Bodyshred class at my gym and was curious as to how it compares with the bodyshred DVD's (never done them). The class follows the same 3-2-1 format with 4 circuits a 3 min warm up and a 3 minute cool down for a total of 30 minutes. When I went through my instructor training they recommending doing the class no more than 3-4 times a week (if you are actually doing each class at full intensity) to give your body a chance to rest. Do the DVD's give you a rest day or are you doing a workout every day? I really enjoy teaching a taking the class, its a fast, intense and effective workout.

The DVD has you working out 6 days a week, every 3rd day is Cardio. Rest one day a week. Each DVD covers different muscles one day push muscles the next push then cardio, repeat. I am on my second attempt of finishing this program. An injury forced me to stop in week 6 last summer. I really like this program a lot. It's high energy minimal breaks. Okay no breaks but that makes it go by quicker. I'm not a fan of all the different cool out moves. It's impossible to do a few if you have shoulder or back injuries.