belly hanging lower?

Options
i feel nuts. I measured around my belly and it is 2 inches smaller. But it is hanging down more? and I have not lost any pounds just inches. anyone know if this is normal? or why it is doing this?

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It's full of less fat, so it's less supported.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WA_mama2 wrote: »

does that mean it is going to be saggy skin? when I am done.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »

There's no way of us knowing. It doesn't definitely mean that but you could end up with saggy skin. Depends on genetics, age, how heavy you were, how long you were heavy, etc.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Possibly, this depends on how much you have to lose. My belly is biiiiig and while losing 100lbs it deflated to be flatter from the sides so of course gravity pulled that now empty skin lower so it hung down a bit further on my panties if that helps with a visual. It's just going to happen.

After you lose they say give your skin 2 years to get used to the new situation, what you have at that point is likely what is yours for life. Surgical removal is currently the only permanent, non waste of money, sure thing cure for loose skin.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    My belly does this when I'm losing fat, because I lose from the upper part of my belly first. So it looks like it's hanging lower, but really I lose some fat from my upper belly.

When you say you didn't lose any weight, in how long? I don't think scale weight loss and inches loss necessarily happen on the same schedule. Might have been based on weight loss you had before, or possible weight loss you are about to have.
  • myaminals
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [/quote]
    Possibly, this depends on how much you have to lose. My belly is biiiiig and while losing 100lbs it deflated to be flatter from the sides so of course gravity pulled that now empty skin lower so it hung down a bit further on my panties if that helps with a visual. It's just going to happen.

After you lose they say give your skin 2 years to get used to the new situation, what you have at that point is likely what is yours for life. Surgical removal is currently the only permanent, non waste of money, sure thing cure for loose skin.[/quote]
    thanks that is where my belly is hanging further then normal too. my belly is big too. think that is where most of mine is left there and my thighs. Congrats on 100 pounds! that is awesome!
  • myaminals
    edited April 2016
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

After you lose they say give your skin 2 years to get used to the new situation, what you have at that point is likely what is yours for life. Surgical removal is currently the only permanent, non waste of money, sure thing cure for loose skin.

sorry i didn't quote it right it showed up funny and couldn't fix it. lord not my day had to edit this one too. below is what i tried to say.

thanks that is where my belly is hanging further then normal too. my belly is big too. think that is where most of mine is left there and my thighs. Congrats on 100 pounds! that is awesome!
  • myaminals
    Options
    My belly does this when I'm losing fat, because I lose from the upper part of my belly first. So it looks like it's hanging lower, but really I lose some fat from my upper belly.

When you say you didn't lose any weight, in how long? I don't think scale weight loss and inches loss necessarily happen on the same schedule. Might have been based on weight loss you had before, or possible weight loss you are about to have.

i hope my case is the same as yours. thanks for the help. i have been going back and forth between a pound for 3 weeks. but inches are shrinking some not a lot but 2 is progress.