16stone, to 14stone

Options
Hello! I am 18 years old male, currently weighing over 16 stone. I am currently aiming to achieve a 14stone weight by November. What is your advise on my regular exercising routine? I have control over my food carbohydrate control, but i'm at a loss to what my average exercise time should be every day.

What I usually do every day is 10-30 mins of exercise on my stationary bike every day. I had been running on a regular basis but due to a shin splint, i'm putting it off for another week of recovery. But i'm determined to keep some level of exercise in consistency.

I'd much appreciate your swift response.

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    30 minutes a day on the bike should be all you need IMO.
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    If you're eating at a calorie deficit and your diet is in check, then anything after is just a bonus. Diet > Exercise.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 14 from over 16 and a half, I spend about 90 minutes 6 days a week on weight work and have done for around 3-4 months, before that it was 4-5 days a week for the same length of time. Depends on your goal though, I want to get into non competitive bodybuilding once I've finished my cut. If you are more into keeping fit and healthy with cardio do that. Or powerlifting if you want heavy PRs. Anything that burns calories is good. Also a calorie deficit obviously ;)