100lb loss, fat on legs feels wierd.

Options
AspenDan
AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've noticed a change in the way my upper legs feel. Before I lost the weight, my quads would feel pretty smooth..like a consistent layer of fat throughout..
Now, they feel almost lumpy, like the fat is different thicknesses, and certainly spots have pockets of extra fat.
I'm not worried, or complaining..just curious if this is something experienced by others with substantial weight loss.

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep. For me, my stomach looks and feels a bit pebble-y. Kinda gross, but whatevs. Still look better even with the lumpy fat, than I did with the huge layer I used to have.

I find the loose skin to be a bit more worrisome. When I do a pushup, it looks like my stomach is trying to detach itself, and slither away.

Thankfully my legs are pretty fit looking, though.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yep. For me, my stomach looks and feels a bit pebble-y. Kinda gross, but whatevs. Still look better even with the lumpy fat, than I did with the huge layer I used to have.

I find the loose skin to be a bit more worrisome. When I do a pushup, it looks like my stomach is trying to detach itself, and slither away.

Thankfully my legs are pretty fit looking, though.

I think I've lost my fat more spread throughout than a lot of people, and I don't really have loose skin yet..maybe after the next 40lb I'm gonna go for..but it is wierd to feel lumps of fat on my legs when I run my hand down them..and only on the quads?
    It is interesting how strange the body reacts to this sort of thing, haha.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    I think I've lost my fat more spread throughout than a lot of people, and I don't really have loose skin yet..maybe after the next 40lb I'm gonna go for..but it is wierd to feel lumps of fat on my legs when I run my hand down them..and only on the quads?
    It is interesting how strange the body reacts to this sort of thing, haha.

Yeah, first time I lost weight, I didn't notice loose skin until I was under around 240 (I was well over 300). I'm at about 220 right now, from 280, and it's pretty apparent.

I would agree that the body is strange. It's neat to observe the changes you undergo while losing weight. What bones, muscles, and veins start showing, etc.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 lbs as well. My legs, well my thighs, I do not even know how to describe it. Close to what you said. They are definitely smaller, but lumpy
  • krinkjazz
    krinkjazz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do the lumps feel like marbles or peas or sand?? Or is it just like soft and lumpy?
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Endermology actually helps with this. It's hurts quite a bit, but it actually does smooth it out. When I lose weight the same thing happens to my arms.