Family fitness???

Options
lisciousg24
lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
Not to be judgmental, but I see many people, especially on social media, posting about how well their weight loss is going; while their children are overweight. Now as a person who is trying to lose weight to feel better and be healthy, you'd think they'd want the same for their children. I know I would. And now a days, children are mean and pick on their peers for many things; weight being one of them. If the adult is being proactive in their life to become healthy; why not do the same with their children's? It honestly gets me so angry sometimes that parents allow their children to suffer through the bullying instead of helping them.

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    maybe they want their kids to be fat so they look thinner by comparison

*spits out hot cocoa*

LMAO!!!

• motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    maybe they want their kids to be fat so they look thinner by comparison

*spits out hot cocoa*

LMAO!!!

haha...i laughed too! :p
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe they tried to get the kids on board, but they were resistant. Kids can be quite stubborn, especially if they're comfortable with their body and/or don't get teased for their weight. Maybe they can't afford to get the entire family eating well.

I feel bad for fat kids, they're going to struggle their entire life until they change things. A person shouldn't have to waddle unless there is an injury.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Kids being mean to one another is not something new. Kids have always been mean when they don't like something about another kid.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Honestly some people barely believe they have a problem much less admitting their kid is following the same path. I am gradually changing my lifestyle I make better choices every day but again...its a learned behavior. Some parents will do everything to pacify their kids. If their kids want to eat junk all day every day thats what they give them. One of my nieces is over weight because she does what her mom does...he mom will eat a half box of cereal in one sitting. My niece is 6 and she does the same thing because she thinks its normal. Now my niece has this belly starting to show. She can't correct her daughters problem until she realizes she has one.

But you can also be on the other side of the spectrum my sister was my size she lost 80 to 100lbs and she turned fitness Nazi. I was proud of her for losing the weight but then she started criticizing everyone else. Oh you should eat this and not that. Her kids are well below their healthy weight and she damn near starves them all day. And they will say to you, " No I don't want this because I'll get fat." But you're 10 yrs old and you can comfortably fit into a 6yrs clothes (they'd just be too short for her). So I think it can go both ways.
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Also, maybe they feel hypocritical making their children slim down when they are overweight themselves, so they're working on themselves first and that way they can set a good example for their kids?