Question about macros on MFP

Options
When I log an average day, I end up w 75 g of fat, 125 g of carbs, and 99 g of protein. The fat is 32 g over my MFP goal, and the protein, which doesn't concern me much is 50 g over my goal. 95% of my fat comes from plain almonds and natural peanut butter. Without eating those, I find it very hard to get enough calories in for the day. So basically my question is should I cut back on almonds and pb to reduce fat or should I not bother bc they are "healthy fats"? For reference, I am a 5'4 20 yr old female, 124 lbs, and trying to eat moderately low-carb (as in starchy carbs, I eat unlimited vegetables and 4-6 servings of fruit daily). Thanks!

Replies

• Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    MFP macro's are not always correct. The best way to go is

- 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight
    - around 0.5g of fat per pound of bodyweight
    - The rest of your calories go into carbs or more protein or fats if you wish.

Hope this helps.

edit: eating that much fat is completely fine, eat more if you like instead of carbs. I go through about 150g of PB a day :) I love the stuff.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    MFP macro's are not always correct. The best way to go is

- 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight
    - around 0.5g of fat per pound of bodyweight
    - The rest of your calories go into carbs or more protein or fats if you wish.

Hope this helps.

edit: eating that much fat is completely fine, eat more if you like instead of carbs. I go through about 150g of PB a day :) I love the stuff.

1g per lb of body weight is overkill for protein, and there is no benefit for muscle synthesis for anything greater than 0.82g per lb of body weight for protein.

Protein and fat macros are minimums and it is completely fine to go over them as long as you do not go over your daily caloric goal. As far as fat, shoot for a minimum of .4g per lb of body weight, but go over as much as you'd like.

There is no minimum macro goal for carbs as they are not essential, but after you hit your protein and fat minimum, fill the rest of your calories with whatever you'd like, I fill the rest of mine with carbs.

Good luck