Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SPOTS!

Hey.
I'm not sure if this is in the correct place, so I shall humbly appologise in advance if such a mistake has been made :)

Since I started Insanity I've been getting harrendous sports under the skin which are extremely painful. I never usualy get spots, just the occasional little one, but three weeks since starting I've had 5 extremely painful under the skin spots and lots of little ones (on the body aswel) and I can't stand it any more as my scars heel poorly and when I e.g. blow my nose etc. it is very very painful.

I know this is a very strange question, but I would be really greatful for some advise. Is it the swet or what that is causing this, and if so what can I do to prevent this, as I always wash away the swet after a workout and am careful to moisturise with the same moisturiser I have been using for 6-7years

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    It would be difficult to say without seeing the areas. In general, people that are overweight (ie pretty much everyone on this board like me) can be prone to developing sores in areas that are warm and moist. One of the most common types of infection can be yeast or fungus (Intertrigo). The main prevention for all of these infections is to always keep the areas clean and dry (sounds like you have been doing that). You can use a medicated powder when you do not have any open lesions to help keep infections from happening. You can treat a yeast or fungus infection with an over the counter medication, I personally prefer Lamisil.
    If it is not a yeast or fungus, then it could be bacterial, in which case you would need to have antibiotics. (not available otc). You might need to break down and go see a doctor.
    So my suggestion would be: Google Intertrigo and if it looks like the images that come up, then try the lamisil. If it does not appear similar to those images, or if the areas are very painful or you have a fever, you should see a doctor right away.
    Mike
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    It is difficult to say for sure without seeing the spots. I would go to the pharmacy and get the pharmacist's opinion on it. They can either recommend something for you or tell you to go to the doctor. My guess would be a rash, probably from sweat. If so, I would use a combination hydrocortisone and anti-fungal cream (Hydrozole...although other brands may exist in different countries). I would also get a powder to use before your workouts - I use one called Curash, but even a simple talcum powder would help immensely.

However, it could still be countless things so I would get it checked out! Besides, you'll need to go to the pharmacy for that stuff anyway so you may as well ask the pharmacist while you're there!