Last 10 pounds

Options
I'm 10 pounds away from my goal weight. Why the heck are those pounds so stubborn? I'm more active than I've ever been, and at first the weight just seemed to fall off. What gives?

Replies

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I lost 10 lbs pretty fast, 2 to 3 lbs per week. Now it slowed down a lot. Even with a 7000 cal deficit per week I only lose about 1/2 to 1 lbs. It might even slow down more. My body wants to hang on to its survival lbs (thats what I call the last stubborn lbs). When weightloss stops for more than 2 weeks I will reduce calories and bump up my exercise even more.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Same here for the most part - but unfortunately, I just keep yo-yo'ing down to the last 10 then, I go up 5, then back down - almost like a switch. So frustrating - I think I am going to switch up my exercise routine to something like kickboxing that way I can punch stuff, lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know, its infuriating isn't it! but just keep plugging on, they will go. It took me basically 6 months to lose my last 5lbs (yeah snails pace weight loss seemed to be par for the course for me and I don't think I'm alone) ... and then there's the whole maintaining the weight loss malarky LOL, it never ends.

There is less room for logging inaccuracies the closer we get to goal.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs in about 6 months, and it took me almost 4 months to lose the last 10.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    For the last ten pounds I have two words: food scale. A food scale makes all the difference for the last few pounds. I'm 5'3" and went from 139 to 109 pounds. If not for my food scale, I would have been struggling.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The smaller you are, the lower the margin for error. And like @synacious said, a food scale will help provide accuracy since the average human under estimates. Now if you are more concerned with body composition, I would suggest resistance training (if you already aren't).