• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    mrprater1 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Troll

Yep

I'm not trolling people are just trying to push my buttons... I clearly asked way before hand not to try and push veggies on me... Yet they all have to bring up the veggies. I had one question that is it... Just one... 100 people commented... only 2 answered the question... Who's the real troll?

So back to the real question folks. What foods can I eat besides, Meat, Eggs, Nuts, to maintain a sugar free diet? and at all costs avoid vegetables.

They didn't answer the question because there IS no answer to the question. If you're not going to eat anything with sugar that pretty much eliminates carbohydrates (as carbohydrates are composed of starch, fibre, and sugar) and rules out grains/pulses legumes pretty much in the entirety. Most dairy contains some sugar too, so according to your parameters that's out too. I suppose you could go with spoonfuls of olive oil...

Seriously, guy, a balanced diet is called that for a reason. Unless you have a doctor-mandated reason (like insulin resistance) to avoid sugar, there is no need to cut carbs from your diet for weight loss, especially if you are an absurdly picky eater already. Living on meat and vitamin supplements is not a recipe for long-term health and longevity.

Finally, your fixation on pesticides etc sounds pretty obsessive and it is obviously interfering with your life as you seem to be unable to eat a large number of foods. I really agree with the people here suggesting that some professional help might be a good idea. No one is trying to troll you, they are trying to show you that your attitude towards food is pretty extreme and might be indicative of a real issue. No one here can diagnose you via the Internet but we can definitely tell you that it sounds like there is something very wrong here and that you might need some help with this. I know your thinking seems perfectly reasonable to you, but please recognize that there are a chorus of people here who have noticed that it's not.

I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to even post this as I can tell it's going to fall completely on deaf ears, but oh my goodness, I couldn't leave it alone as what you are doing to yourself with your incredibly mistaken ideas on nutrition is so bad for you. Please actually consider what all of these people are saying.

I have to stay away from sugar because its trigger for trigeminal neuralgia. Sounds stupid right? What does facial nerves have to do with sugars? I don't know but I have noticed it is a trigger anytime I eat a sweet. No I'm not confusing it with a bad tooth.. That was my first thought too. I went to the dentist and got verification. So next time I went to the ER and the ER told me that's what it is trigeminal neuralgia and to look out for triggers. Again, I don't know why sweets are triggers but they are. I'm too big of a coward to try natural sugars because the pain is unbarable. I was blown up in Iraq and it didn't hurt this bad. When the pain comes on I instantly collapse to the ground in pain. I can't see, I can't talk, I can't move, the only thing I can do is hold my face and cry. When I told the DR that I think sweets is triggering this issue he told me that I should avoid them. Simple as that.

If that's the only thing you're going to address in the post, I really don't know what else to say to you. I said "unless you have a reason to avoid sugar"...which apparently you do, fine. That doesn't really change anything else I said and which was ignored...

If you are having these kinds of medical issues, you need to see a doctor and you need a referral to a registered dietician who can help you put together a meal plan that will work for you. Period. You don't need suggestions from the internet at this point.
  • mrprater1
    mrprater1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really would like to see the science backing everyones statement that supplements do not substitute food in the long run. Your body needs vitamins and minerals no? If you get them through a pill or food does it really matter to your body? SOMETIMES depending on age, size etc... It totally depends on the person. I have paid large amounts of money into being a healthy person as I've lost both parents to cancer. After consulting with Doctors, Dieticians, personal trainers etc... I can tell you after man lab tests and etc... exactly how much of what vitamins I need. Hell I can tell you how much MK-7 aka Vitamin K-2 I need to be a normal dose. And I spend 100s on supplements probably even thousands. Some Vitamins are better absorbed through food BUT with the right dosage of supplements you can get the same amount into your system. I'm in more control this way. I weigh my food and everything. I assure you, I'm being safe in all my doings. I however, just lost like EVERYTHING that I've been eating.. No fruits, no dairy, i'm FU#&$ so I wanted to ask you all.

Sorry if you guys think I'm being a troll or need counseling. When in fact I know I don't need counceling for this. I'm informed. Maybe if I released a youtube video of showing you what happens to kids in china who eat their food directly off a tree you guys would understand my point of pesticides and its effects on people that eat the food the pesticide treats. How many of you have lost family to Hodgkin lymphoma, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and cancers of the prostate and brain? Their is many many more cancers that are linked to pesticides than just these, these are the ones off the top of my head. And yes these do go on your every day plate and you have no clue. I may sound paranoid and you might think I'm crazy... But its too early to take the chance and risk it. Pesticides are tested for public release over the course of 3 years. Sometimes 5 depending on the type of pesticide and its use is. The ones that go on crops are normally tested for 3 years then it is released. We have no way to tell the long term effects. And their is new pesticides being released every day. And I'm not the only person that works at EPA that sees a big issue with this, we are over looked because we are just inspectors not thinkers... But we are fighting for this change. No release untill 50 years of long term effect study. This is good because farmers will have to stop using pesticides. and perhaps they will start working in greenhouses and start taking more steps to ensure bug contamination doesn't happen. (bugs get inside the work place. Which would benefit you guys greatly.

I became a state inspector so I could protect people like you and I from pesticide contamination. I've done 100s and possibly even thousands of hours of research into this, and I wish you guys would just understand and take note of my warning. I don't expect to turn anyone away from vegetables. But next time you get sick, or food poision, I want you to get a test run by your doctor and see if you have some pesticides (it happens more than you think) in your system. That way people like myself can come out, check their food for pesticides. If they have been contaminated we shut them down... Then we investigate further at the manufacturer and find out if it was the Farmers error instead (it usually is).

• mrprater1
    Options
    I find your aversion to vegetables quite comical.

You eat meat -consider that it is quite literally the flesh of a creature that has been killed. Muscle, tendon, guts, sinew and all the gross things that go along with that - diseases, cholesterol, bacteria, PLUS all the stuff you claim to think is gross about vegetables because that is what they ate before you ate them.

Don't get me started on eggs... they are chicken periods, unfertilized secretions that come out of the same place the chicken pees and poops. Yummmmmm *sarcasm*

Sorry if me saying that leaves you with only beans and nuts on the menu :D

- I really have no idea what you would eat without vegetables and factoring out sugars. The only suggestion I have is pasta. Do you eat other dairy items? Cheese or sour cream, yogurt anything like that? Are you into grains at all? Rice or stuff like that. I would be worried about getting enough fiber, whole grains will help with that.

Fruit has sugar yes, but it also has a ton of different minerals vitamins fiber etc, it does not react in the body the same way as refined sugar as a result. I would personally load up on the fruits if I was not into veggies.

There are some protein powders that also include "greens" like Vega.

What kind of soups are you digging - that could help us with suggestions as we'd get an idea on what you do enjoy.

This was addressed earlier... Just like our bodies break down medicine, the cows belly is another form of processing.. It breaks down the grass and "veggies" they ate. The more processing the better. it is safer from disease than fresh off the lot. If you want some examples look at third world countries that do not have an FDA and eat their chicken right out of the coop. Those diseases are checked for by the FDA ALL DAY EVERY DAY. That's all they do is test food literally. They do not test for pesticides and that is a shame... Farmers don't spray pastures with pesticides. They spray their crop fields so it would be kinda strange to find pesticides in a cow or other farm animal. Bacteria is killed once heated up...

Never thought of the eggs like that you legitly have me grossed the *kitten* out.. (never got to treat chicken farms, highly illegal. All pesticides I can think of kills birds and fish) that oughta say something about the pesticides you love to eat...

Its obvious you didn't read the entire post or you would have known all of this has been addressed with factual evidence. That anyone on this planet can prove
  • mrprater1
    Options
    have a read please, they can explain this much better than I can.. Processed is better by a long shot... Vegetables will always be scary... https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-organic-food/2014/06/20/43d23f14-f566-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mostly just meant that your aversion to vegetables is similar to another persons aversion to meat - I could also site studies which confirm the negative health implications of meat but I was just trying to show that your point has it's polar.

Not trying to force vegetables - as you probably noticed in the rest of my post I was legitimately trying to help in your quest for alternatives by asking additional questions.

• mrprater1
    Options
    This isn't really a debate about vegetables being healthy or not healthy. Everyone knows they are healthy, however somehow.. Some person wanted to try and force them into my diet after I basically begged them not to bring that up. They wanted justification as to why I don't eat veggies.. So I hit them with some pretty cold, hard facts why veggies are more dangerous than meats. (proven fact) If you wish to test that, look at the differences in recall numbers. How many plant based products have been recalled vs animal based in the past 10 years. I think you will find animals have less amount of recalls.

I know you were trying to post helpful stuff and I may not have not praised you for your effort because of your first points. Its like saying "Hey I don't mean any offense but I think you're a fat" Just because you say no offense doesn't mean you can say what you want. You however did it in reverse. You said the things that could be offensive (given I've been defending myself for 15 posts now of the same things you said) and then you basically said sorry this is what you could do... Just because you said sorry doesn't make what you said right or nice. Granted I don't think being offensive was your intention but please note, it could have been interpreted that way.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Cold, hard facts" from the Washington Post and not an actual scientific study haha. But anyway here are your answers:

Tuna/chicken + mayo
    Pepperoni, salami, prosciuttto
    Meatballs or meatloaf
    Shrimp, salmon, tuna, tilapia, oysters, clams, etc.
    Hot dogs, sausage
    Bacon
    Almonds or peanuts
    Cheese (sticks, cubes, slices)
    Eggs (fried, scrambled, omelettes, frittatas)
    Butter, oil
    Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries (most other fruit will be high in sugar)

You can probably find recipes here that are low in sugar if you skip over the ones with veggies: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/recipes

Examples: Buffalo chicken meatballs, pizza rolls, no bake chocolate energy bites, mini corn dog bites, taco meatloaf, pizza chicken, etc.

As you can see, though, all that falls into the categories you already have because there are only so many limited amounts of foods on this planet.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Ummmm. . put on your big boy panties (or boxers or tighty whities or whatever you call them) and man up to a plate of vegetables!
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Avoiding "sugars?" I'm not sure what this means, but if you don't want to eat veggies, don't. Eat fruit instead. If you don't want to eat fruit. Don't. Eat what you like. If your doctor told you to not eat sugar because you are diabetic then you would do well to avoid "simple" sugars--candy, white bread, pasta, etc. However, if someone just told you off the cuff to lay off the "sugars," then whatever. If your blood work is good and you feel good just ignore that advice. People survive and even thrive on all sorts of foods. If you blood work is bad and you feel awful and are heavier than you'd like, then see a nutritionist.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I find your aversion to vegetables quite comical.

You eat meat -consider that it is quite literally the flesh of a creature that has been killed. Muscle, tendon, guts, sinew and all the gross things that go along with that - diseases, cholesterol, bacteria, PLUS all the stuff you claim to think is gross about vegetables because that is what they ate before you ate them.

Don't get me started on eggs... they are chicken periods, unfertilized secretions that come out of the same place the chicken pees and poops. Yummmmmm *sarcasm*

Sorry if me saying that leaves you with only beans and nuts on the menu :D

- I really have no idea what you would eat without vegetables and factoring out sugars. The only suggestion I have is pasta. Do you eat other dairy items? Cheese or sour cream, yogurt anything like that? Are you into grains at all? Rice or stuff like that. I would be worried about getting enough fiber, whole grains will help with that.

Fruit has sugar yes, but it also has a ton of different minerals vitamins fiber etc, it does not react in the body the same way as refined sugar as a result. I would personally load up on the fruits if I was not into veggies.

There are some protein powders that also include "greens" like Vega.

What kind of soups are you digging - that could help us with suggestions as we'd get an idea on what you do enjoy.

CHICKEN PERIODS! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    So don't eat vegetables. I'm not seeing an issue or a reason why you feel like you have to. As others have said, you're a grown man, so I see two choices: Eat them or don't. I don't eat things I don't like and I get along just fine. And why does staying away from 'sugars' mean you have to eat vegetables?

I love vegetables and I absolutely recommend them but I'm not your mommy.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You sound like a 3 year old I know. If you don't want veggies then don't eat them.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    But next time you get sick, or food poision

Long-term veggie now vegan (15+ years) and I don't get sick or food poisoning. Guess it's down to all the fruit and veg I eat.

• mrprater1
    Options
    aeb09 wrote: »
    "Cold, hard facts" from the Washington Post and not an actual scientific study haha. But anyway here are your answers:

Tuna/chicken + mayo
    Pepperoni, salami, prosciuttto
    Meatballs or meatloaf
    Shrimp, salmon, tuna, tilapia, oysters, clams, etc.
    Hot dogs, sausage
    Bacon
    Almonds or peanuts
    Cheese (sticks, cubes, slices)
    Eggs (fried, scrambled, omelettes, frittatas)
    Butter, oil
    Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries (most other fruit will be high in sugar)

You can probably find recipes here that are low in sugar if you skip over the ones with veggies: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/recipes

Examples: Buffalo chicken meatballs, pizza rolls, no bake chocolate energy bites, mini corn dog bites, taco meatloaf, pizza chicken, etc.

As you can see, though, all that falls into the categories you already have because there are only so many limited amounts of foods on this planet.

cold hard facts yes... The post does have its references...
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was like you (for 32 years), then I got serious and realized "healthy" just can't be achieved without vegetables. At least not efficiently. Veggies help with many vitamins, and they're also great for adding volume to meals without adding heavily to calories consumed.

My recommendation is try to be flexible, I started with broccoli with a small amount of cheese. Or use something bold to help "hide" veggie taste. For instance I use red pepper flakes and Tabasco on asparagus, it's actually quite delicious.

Take small steps, don't be so rigid. You may find a combo you like.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Heck you started this thread asking for "help with vegetables". I think your aversion borders on a disorder. But I believe you. At twenty-seven you have convinced yourself that all vegetables are gruesome.

There are lots of processed foods to hide vegetables in tasty foods for toddlers. There's vegetable bread, veggie gummies, V8 juice. The health food store will have expensive vegetable powders you can sprinkle on your food or add to your shakes.

You mentioned soups and stews yourself. They work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute. If your photo indicates that you are actually at a reasonable BMI, why would you care what your doctor wants you to eat? What's it to your doctor?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    NOBODY knows the long term effects on these residual chemicals

Except that the life expectancy of the people eating those residual chemicals is increasing steadily. Since you have just enough mastery of your data to be impervious to facts, I'm out.