Downward health spiral: Can't wait any longer to feel better

Options
j_courter
j_courter Posts: 999 Member
Hi everyone. Several years ago I was in remission from my fibromyalgia. My health was the best it had been in 20 years and I was ready to get in shape. I found a great group of friends on Myfitnesspal that inspired and encouraged me, and I slowly got stronger. I lost about five pounds, but my journey was toward health, not weight. I began running and as time went by, it became more and more of an obsession. I started with a 5K and eventually found myself running the Chicago Marathon. After about two years my health started to rapidly decline again and I find myself no longer recovering from even short running sessions. Gradually I gave up on running, then exercise in general.

Here I am, more than a year later and ten pounds heavier. I have decided that I can't wait to feel better to get back to it, so I am hoping to find friends with similar struggles so we can encourage eachother to do what we can to retain the muscle we have and stop the downward spiral. The scale is not nearly as important to me as my health, but a weight loss would certainly be welcome.

If you are in a similar situation, I'd love to connect and work toward better health together.

Replies

• leilalady
    leilalady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can relate in some ways ! my mum also has been diagnosed with fibromylagia I can see how it affects a person. It's all in the mind you can do it !!