Healthy dinner

Options
ashowers36
ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I've been getting a lot better about eating a healthy lunch but dinner has been a challenge. I don't get home until 6:30 in the evening from working two jobs so I don't want to cook a huge dinner. I am just starting to like more vegetables so my selection isn't very diverse yet. Any suggestions on quick and easy healthy dinners I could make?

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Lean proteins like chicken or fish are great. Salads are awesome as well, and you have so many options for switching it up. What kind of "unhealthy" foods do you like? You could try doing a healthy version of your favorites.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I always keep cooked food in my fridge to heat up when I get home for dinner. There is almost always potatoes cooked in olive oil and garlic, sometimes cooked green beans, rice or pasta, and 2-3 different cooked proteins, Meatloaf, grilled chicken, grilled pork tenderloin, a roast. I put it all on the plate and heat it up. Or heat my protein and make a salad, pretty quick and easy.

What kinds of food do you like to have for dinner?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    ashowers36 wrote: »
    So I've been getting a lot better about eating a healthy lunch but dinner has been a challenge. I don't get home until 6:30 in the evening from working two jobs so I don't want to cook a huge dinner. I am just starting to like more vegetables so my selection isn't very diverse yet. Any suggestions on quick and easy healthy dinners I could make?

I usually grill some seasoned or marinated chicken, fish, or other meat and saute a mix of vegetables. It takes like 15 minutes.
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I usually like to have some type of meat, usually chicken breast, along with some type of side. I have had two totinos party pizzas this week
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have a slow cooker/pressure cooker with a timer. I can throw chicken with vegetables or millet and dry beans(that have been soaked overnight ) and come home to a hot and ready meal. It is one kitchen gadget I wish I had know about years ago.