NSV Floating

Options
tlark88
tlark88 Posts: 11 Member
When I was at my heaviest, I was able to do something I had never been able to do before: I was able to float my whole body out of the pool, feet and everything! I didn't think anything of it and just guessed that somehow I had gotten more talented a floating.

Yesterday, I went out for a swim for the first time since starting my weight loss journey and I was having a hard time even keeping my legs above water (while floating)! Could be that I just haven't swam in a long time but I like to think its because I lost fat :). Anyways, YAY! :)

Replies

• nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! I think the less fat means less buoyancy!

(I love your profile pic btw! It made me laugh!)
  • lbs32724
    lbs32724 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ha! This happened to me too this summer and I can't get over how strange it is not to be able to float like I used to. Now I can't really hold my legs or feet up and as soon as I breathe out, I start sinking. What the?!? Weird!
  • tlark88
    tlark88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know the same thing happened to me! I was just relaxing and then next second a mouthful of water!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!