Fit Bit Surge... Is it worth it. Fit Bit Virgin..

Options
Hello everyone, Im reaching out to see how the fit bit Surge peeps like the gadget.
I currently have been using my Polar to track workouts- cals burned and an app for my runs. Evidently the Surge does all this with its new technology in the sporty watch.
I dont really care too much about the steps, but the challenges seem motivational.
Do you love it?? Or No?
Really just looking at the surge.
Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've had the Surge and now I have the Blaze.

The Surge GPS drains the battery really fast and you can't replace the bands if they start to break (mine actually started breaking around the year mark and is why I now have a blaze).

If you don't care about built in GPS, I would get the Blaze. With the Blaze you can replace the bands. It can connect to your phone for GPS (similar to what an apple watch does). It has a color display and just an overall nicer look.
  • Nessawade
    Nessawade Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've had the Surge and now I have the Blaze.

The Surge GPS drains the battery really fast and you can't replace the bands if they start to break (mine actually started breaking around the year mark and is why I now have a blaze).

If you don't care about built in GPS, I would get the Blaze. With the Blaze you can replace the bands. It can connect to your phone for GPS (similar to what an apple watch does). It has a color display and just an overall nicer look.

Thanks for the input. I'm torn between the surge and blaze. Blaze is newer and a nicer look and the GPS not built in kinda stinks, but id prob have my phone on me for music anyways when im out running. Thanks so much. :smile:
  • shimmer1125
    shimmer1125 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went from Polar M400 to surge. I love it. I love not having to wear the chest strap. I run everyday and I have to charge my surge about once every 3 days. It takes an hour, so I usually charge it during down time. I will watch a show or something so it doesn't affect my step count. The fitbit community is really fun too. It's more playful than the Polar community. I also is Strava to track my runs and do my training. I loved the Polar platform, but I love fitbit more.
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the Surge and I absolutely love it. I wore it EVERY DAY for over a year till the bands started to wear and break. I love it so much that once the band started to break, I put it away in the box for days when I want the GPS and went out and got a charge hr as my everyday band. Fitbit has been really amazing in replacing damaged/defective product so rest assured if something happens to your band within the warranty period the simply send you a new one (I actually got a second surge from Fitbit because the HRM wasn't working on my original one. After a software upgrade my original surge started working so I gave my daughter the replacement). Yes, the surge can be a bit bulky especially when putting on coats or tighter sleeves but that's a minor inconvenience to me. Love love love having the gps on my watch and not having to drain my phone battery while I walk. I can't say enough good things about the surge the one exception is that the bands should have been interchangeable.
  • Nessawade
    Nessawade Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks.