Fit bits..

Options
I'm thinking of getting one..

But I'm wondering about how it does the calorie adjustments..

Cause doesn't MFP already adjust it to your lifestyle? & then will the fitbit add calories in there that maybe mdp already added in there?

If that makes sense? Lol

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting one..

But I'm wondering about how it does the calorie adjustments..

Cause doesn't MFP already adjust it to your lifestyle? & then will the fitbit add calories in there that maybe mdp already added in there?

If that makes sense? Lol

as long as you have MFP and Fitbit set up the same it will adjust automatically. In other words MFP assumes you burn x amount of calories on a daily basis, if for whatever reason you burn more it will add it to your calories if you burn less it will subtract from your calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MFP does a rough estimate of your calorie burn based on your activity level and the exercise that you choose to log. If you get a Fitbit and sync it, then that estimate will be replaced with your actual activity level and many people (including myself) find it to be much more accurate.
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sync the two. That's what I do. Then they communicate together and work with the same number of calories, etc. You enter information into one app, and it shows up on the other one. Not a difficult process.

Get the fitbit. Worth every penny. Highly recommend the Charge HR. Don't bother with a flex. One with a HR monitor tracks calories burned much more accurately.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex and then got the Blaze when it came out. I get a much more accurate picture of my calorie burn than what MFP gives me.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I find that my FitBit gives me fewer calories than MFP would, so I go with that.

For instance, I have my MFP profile set to Sedentary so FitBit can do its thing. That gives me 1,200 calories.

Yesterday, I actually ate 1,610 calories. My Fitbit Adjustment was 529 calories, so my total was 1,729 calories 'available' and MFP tells that I was 119 calories under for the day.

However, FitBit tells me that I only burned 2,461 calories yesterday, so I was actually 149 calories over my 1,000 calorie deficit.

• sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys.. Very helpful!