Foot Size Change

Options

Replies

• dr_soda
    dr_soda Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, I experienced this. Over my lifetime I've lost about 2 men's shoe sizes from when I was heavy.
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight, my shoe size actually increased by half a size haha!! I was doing the minimal shoe thing with the vibram 5 fingers and vivo barefoot, and it seemed to have stretched out my feet or something. Or maybe my shoes were always a little snug and once I got used to more space I just couldn't go back. Now I mostly wear sneakers, sandals, or wide flats, so we'll see if there's any changes as I lose weight again. I can still wear sneakers from when I weighed less so I'm gonna guess no change for me.
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My shoe size has stayed the same but my pants literally fell off in the hallway at work. Time to go shopping.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went down 0.5 to 1 size... sometimes I wonder if shoes are being vanity sized, just like everything else now.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes! My feet have been changing since 2013. After pregnancy, I went from an 8 regular to a 9 wide. A couple years later and 45 pounds lighter, I went from a 9 wide to an 8 1/2 regular.

Shoe sizing seems to be varied depending on who makes the shoe. But my foot definitely got more narrow.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost half a shoe size.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    After losing 80 pounds I lost 2 sizes and went from wide-width to normal.

Had to completely get rid of all of my old footwear (still mourning the loss of some great boots I had), but it's so awesome having way more options having a smaller foot! B)
  • redchile34
    redchile34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23lbs but haven't noticed my foot shrinking yet. I would normally fit a 7-7.5 depending on the style. I hope it hasn't. Just bought some Louboutins 7.5 which was already a little loose.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Sure did. went from a "9" to an "8.5" and some shoes an 8. I generally were a 8.5 medium.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! It's irritating! All my shoes are loose
  • Doit4theOMG
    Doit4theOMG Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went from 9.5 to 8
  • wwbggirl62
    wwbggirl62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I noticed the shoes size change after a detox and my inflammation went down 12 pounds. I have lost a total of 43 pounds. My inflammation goes up and down and that seems to be the shoe size thing more than the actual weight. Half of this under a doctors care half on my own.
    Getting healthy and staying healthy is the key.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    tomteboda wrote: »
    88 lbs down and my feet are still a 10.5 horrible size. But they are narrower. I went from a 10.5 B to 10.5 A/AA. This was no improvement. If anything it made finding shoes harder.

Yeah, this is about my size and it's almost impossible to find shoes. I measure at a B but actual regular width shoes are almost without fail made more like D, so I have to buy the AA, which measures like a B. I feel like out of the good qualities a shoe can have:

Good Price
    Good Fit
    Good Quality
    Good Style

I can get three of those, if lucky, but never all 4. Wide shoes may be difficult to find, but Narrow is nearly impossible.
    Really??? I wear a D width, and I can hardly ever find D width shoes. When I buy shoes, it is almost always an investment, because wider shoes are more expensive. I am not a Payless customer.

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My feet are very odd. I wore a size 9 until I got pregnant at age 25, then went up to a 10. Stayed there until I lost 50 pounds at age 32 - back down to a 9.5. Then gained weight but stayed the same. At age 40 I lost 60 pounds and started weighttraining and discovered barefoot shoes - shrunk to a 9 (maybe 8.5). Threw out all my shoes and bought all new ones. . then started running a 10 miles a week - feet right back up to a 10!

So weight loss and gain definitely makes my feet change. But apparently running flattened them out more somehow (I have incredibly flat feet to start with, so no clue on that) - because I went up a whole size without gaining any weight... just taking up running.

I learned my lesson this last time - no more throwing out expensive shoes. I am keeping the smaller ones until they shrink again, and if they ever do I will be keeping the larger ones too since I dont know how long it will last!
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet, like stupidly wide. My foot shrank a bit after 40 lbs lost, but still very wide. Was EEE now just EE. Almost impossible to find ones in a woman's 8 1/2-9 that aren't ugly or super expensive. I actually have a bunion forming on my left foot from wearing too-narrow shoes my whole life...
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My feet changed size with every pregnancy. Before my first kid I wore a 7 or 7.5. By the time I had my second I wore an 8-8.5, but now I'm down to an 8. It sucks. I know if I get pregnant that I'm pretty much buying all new shoes for the 3rd time.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I was a UK 9 (US 11) but now I'm an 8 (US 10) or 8 and a half, depending on the shoe. You don't find many half sizes in the UK though, so I have to either go for 8 or 9s. I'm actually glad. I could never find pretty shoes when I was a 9! The only women's shoes in a 9 were trainers, many places only go up to 8. Now I can find any kind of shoe.
  • PrincessParfait
    PrincessParfait Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After my old weight loss, I went from an 11, to a 9.5. ;-;
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wore wide shoes my entire life. Then, at age 51, I lost 57 pounds and went down to a normal width. It's the last thing I ever expected! I think it's a combination of vanity sizing and the fact that my foot bones don't spread as much now that they don't have to hold up so much weight.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost 84 pounds andmy shoe size went down a half size. When you loose weight it does effect your feet