Has anyone used Jillian Michaels "30 day Shred"

Options
I just ordered it, I am not big on exercise DVD but I need to (want to) lose at least 15 lbs more by July 22, or at least 4 inches from my waist. I was just wondering who has used this DVD and whether they were happy with thier results. Thanks.

Replies

• aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for about a month now. The first time it was really difficult, and after a week straight I developed a lot of discomfort in my knees. I had to stop for a week, and then started again. I have to modify the jumping jacks move because of my knees, and also make sure I am extremely careful with the positions when doing all of the squats and lunges so that I keep my knees in line.

Now I use it every other day, alternating with another aerobic exercise. I have noticed changes in my shape and more definition in my muscles. I am happy with the results, although I am having to go at it at a slower pace than the 30 day schedule they recommend for the dramatic results.
  • Christine0111
    Options
    Hey! I have also been using it for about 2 weeks now and find it better to do it every second day due to my body needing that one day to recover...maybe by the time I get to level 2 it will be a little better with not so much discomfort after a workout =)
  • kendra520
    kendra520 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I havent tried it yet.. I ordered it on 6/23 and im waiting for it to arive in the mail. I heard alot of good things about the 30 day shred and many people are doing it on MFP....I cant wait to start and see what kind of results I get..If you want to start a thread when u are ready to start your first day ill def follow!!!!
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've managed to do the whole thing. Again I had knee problems before I started, but by the end of the 30 days my knee problems had actually diminished! I now get this out when I feel I need a bit of "conditioning". Great DVD.
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I did the first two levels of it completely and lost about ten pounds.
    I did it pretty much every day. I really enjoyed it. Good luck :)
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Day 6 of Level 2 and I love it!! I haven't lost any weight yet, but I can tell I am toning and gaining muscle
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I attempted it for one day and the jumping jacks and jumping rope gave me a headache I couldn't get rid of all day. Ugh!! Maybe I wasn't doing it right?? Or, maybe I just need to lose more before attempting something like this. For now, it's collecting dust while I stay with the bike and treadmill.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100268-30-day-shred-who-s-with-me

Here's a link to a group on here that are doing it, if you want to check it out so you don't feel alone doing it:drinker:

I did some of it, it nearly killed me but that was over 100+ lbs ago, guess it's time to try it again:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I attempted it for one day and the jumping jacks and jumping rope gave me a headache I couldn't get rid of all day. Ugh!! Maybe I wasn't doing it right?? Or, maybe I just need to lose more before attempting something like this. For now, it's collecting dust while I stay with the bike and treadmill.
    That's why I shelved mine for a bit too, decided back then it was to intense for my body, knees and yes, the jumping jacks but I'll get back to it. Just so many other fun things to do now!:tongue:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been using it as one of my primary workouts for almost 2 months now. I started in the beginning of May and in a month doing it I lost 1.5" off my waist and dropped about 7 pounds. Overall doing it I've lost over 11 pounds and I definitely have better stamina and strength. I've been able to pick up running much easier, I'm doing intervals and I started out having very little trouble running minute and a half intervals. It is pretty high impact on knees and ankles, but I haven't had any injury issues with it. Even after the past 2 months, it still kicks my butt and I'm going to keep using it and switch up or combine the levels.
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the replies, but now am scared LOL I don't want to end at the ER but I guess am going to try it and see how it goes...thanks guys!