Eating at night ?

Options
snikok
snikok Posts: 15 Member
Does it matter what time of day i eat ? I heard that eating carbs before sleep is not a good idea for losing weight. Also is it really better to eat smaller meals throughout the day ?

thanks

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    No. To both. Just don't overeat.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Makes no real difference. Your body doesn't care when you eat. Time your meals as best benefits you. For example, some people can't sleep if they are hungry, if that's you, eat before bed.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    100% personal preference and urban legend on both issues.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    35815-149303c500c6271630bfe393660b9f70.jpg
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter and that makes it wonderful. 10 pounds, figuratively, melted off when I found out I could eat before bed.
  • noitall96
    noitall96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I find I'm more hungry in the evening and dinner is my favorite meal so I usually save most of my calories for then and it hasn't stopped my progress at all. :)
  • salizurikat
    salizurikat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    But during the day you usually burn calories, at night you don't, you move less
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

^No.
    The only time you do not burn calories is when you are dead.

OP. Really doesn't matter when you eat, just stay within your calorie limit.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I never noticed a difference - and I am a long-term night eater. When I was on a diet as long as I didn't go over my calories I still lost weight no matter what I ate or what time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    snikok wrote: »
    Does it matter what time of day i eat ? I heard that eating carbs before sleep is not a good idea for losing weight. Also is it really better to eat smaller meals throughout the day ?

thanks

I eat dinner every night around 8:30/9. I personally don't eat grains or starches with my dinner, but that's only because I don't log or otherwise count calories, so it's merely a means for me to control my calories.

Realize that these kinds of things...don't eat after X time, no carbs after X time, etc are merely ways of restricting calories and are born outside of the calorie counting environment...in and of themselves, they don't matter...consuming less energy than you expend is all that matters...and there are many avenues to get there.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Myth.
    Heartbeat, muscle repair, breathing, kidney function...

You burn a LOT of calories in your sleep.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

thanks

It doesn't matter for weight loss when you eat your calories or if they come from carbs.
    It is personal preference what timing and type of food works best for you.
  • snikok
    snikok Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

thanks

It doesn't matter for weight loss when you eat your calories or if they come from carbs.

Are you telling me I can eat burgers and fries all day and i will be just fine as lons as i'm in calorie deficit?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

thanks

Are you telling me I can eat burgers and fries all day and i will be just fine as lons as i'm in calorie deficit?

You would lose weight eating just burgers and fries as long as you were in a calorie deficit. You might not meet all your nutritional needs long-term, but you would lose weight.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

thanks

I have french fries almost every single night because I have leftover carbs/calories and starchy carbs are super satisfying to me. Never hindered my goals.
  • Jindeed
    Jindeed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nope, the time you eat doesn't matter. Last night, I had a late dinner that included 1 whole cup of white rice in addition to drinking a banana smoothie right before going to bed. I woke up 2 pounds lighter.

CICO FTW
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sometimes I wear my sunglasses at night while I'm eating.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Are you telling me I can eat burgers and fries all day and i will be just fine as long as i'm in calorie deficit?

Do it. Then, when you get to your goal, write a book and call it The Hamburger Diet. You'll make millions. ;)
    (...unless someone did it already.)

Yeah, like Jared made his millions with Subway

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    There's not a single day that's gone by that I don't have a snack around or after 9pm. Eat when you want.