Anyone maintaining weight through pregnancy?

hellobaconplease
hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
edited April 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I managed to lose a lot of weight in 2015 (about 84lbs but I work in metric), had some issues with depression and anxiety, put weight back on, fell pregnant, had a miscarriage, fell pregnant AGAIN after getting a copper IUD put in after previous miscarriage...yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, I'm still very obese and my current weight is 88.2kg (about 194.5lbs). I am 27 weeks pregnant today, have gestational diabetes and advised to gain a total of 5kg (11lbs). I've gone up from 76.4kg at my lowest point when losing weight, to 86kg when I fell pregnant with this baby, to 88.3kg today at 27 weeks. So up 2.3kg from prepregnancy.

My baby will arrive by c-section in exactly 12 weeks (had 2 previous sections) so I'd like to keep things on an even keel for that time. I'm eating very well, I'm not looking to restrict or harm my baby, but I have plenty of fat stores and she's growing just fine. My midwife, the diabetes nurse and the consultant at the hospital are all happy with this idea. Keeping my weight down also helps the surgeon and the anaesthetist obviously.

Anyone else hoping to maintain or not gain too much through pregnancy?

Replies

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    I had gestational diabetes with baby #3 by following the diet the dietitian gave me to keep my sugars in line l actually lost weight during the pregnancy (about 13 pounds).

My baby was fine and my Dr was pleased. Just follow your Dr's advise and you should be fine.
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    I've GAINED weight since starting the GD diet (I had GD last pregnancy also) as I had to up my carbs. I've eaten low carb since Jan 2015. I'm not going to panic if I put a bit on, but there is pressure from the health professionals to try not to.

My blood sugars are perfect :-)