Nickel free fitness tracker?

Options
m0n0fx
m0n0fx Posts: 23 Member
Hi! I'm trying to up my movement and would like to get a fitness tracker like a FitBit, however I am very sensitive to nickel and have read there is some nickel in contact with the skin. Anyone know of a fitness tracker that is nickel free and worth purchasing? Thanks! :)

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    If you don't necessarily want a wristband, the Fitbit One is a clip-on model with no metal where it might touch your skin and it can be worn on your waistband or clipped to your bra (I wear mine on the centre gore of my bra, so it's invisible under my clothes and only the little silicone-covered back of the clip touches me at all.

It doesn't track HR but it does track steps, active minutes, floors climbed, distance, and calories burned (and you can use it to track your sleep if you put it in the included sleep wristband.) And it's cheaper than lots of the wristband models, plus no one knows you're wearing it and it doesn't clash with your outfits, haha.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One is what I was going to recommend, too :smile: I love mine. Clip it to my pants or bra, or put it in my pocket depending on what I'm wearing. I also find it to be very accurate at estimating how much I burn every day.
  • TheCraftyMommy
    TheCraftyMommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a Xiaomi Mi Band Smart Wristband off of Amazon and it was perfect for what I needed it to do- track sleep and steps. The band and tracker have yet to irritate me- I have a severe nickel allergy as well. Just double checked the price and with Prime it was only $18.96 when I just looked!
  • m0n0fx
    m0n0fx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It's good to hear the Fitbit one doesn't have any nickel in contact with the skin! @Thecraftymommy - at that price it's definitely worth considering! :smile: