Peanut butter addiction

Options
lynsielou22
lynsielou22 Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So, for the longest time I convinced myself I didn't like peanut butter. Growing up I refused to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I would only eat jelly sandwiches!) However, this past year at 18 years old I gave PB another try, and now I'm absolutely hooked. I eat it almost everyday. I love including nut butters in as much food as I can. I've also been interested in making my own (once the jars of PB I already own are gone). I've found it's super great using those cans of mixed party nuts to make butter. So tasty! Anyway, are there any other nut butter addicts around? xD What are some of your favorite recipes including nut butter? Do you like the classic apple or berry and PB, do you mix into your oatmeal, etc? I would love to hear how all of you use it :D

Replies

• nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ugghhh the Kirkland natural pb is almost too good to resist!! To be good, I put 5g on top of 16g of chocolate cream cheese on bread and it tastes like a peanut butter cup.

I also looovve pumpkin seed butter on toast, drizzled with honey.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana muffins!

I follow the 100daysofrealfood.com recipe for banana muffins, then add half a cup of peanut butter, and a cup of Greek yogurt to the mix. So good! I also only add one tablespoon of honey to the mix. Sweetens it perfectly.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I rarely keep peanut butter in the house as I have trouble stopping myself eating it straight out of the jar! I have PB2 now which isn't as nice and is not sitting in my pantry in a convenient ready made jar.
  • NotoriousLink
    NotoriousLink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Krema natural pb is delicious and has not hydrogenated oils (most no-stir ones do). I eat 2Tbsp on a banana pre-workout. You get your fats and carbs.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I mix some PB into my steel cut oats and add sliced banana. I also use it to make cold sesame noodles. SO good.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I will eat peanut butter on a shoe. All the nut butters!
  • rhapsodygal
    rhapsodygal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I make my own cashew butter with raw cashews and sea salt. It's soooo yummy!
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    try Nuts n More -- I'm not kidding at all, I have dreams about this stuff. I allow myself to have one tbsp every morning... the cinnamon raisin one... oh god, insanely good. it's hard to resist myself to eat the whole jar in one sitting.
  • BLifts38
    Options
    I make my own cashew butter with raw cashews and sea salt. It's soooo yummy!

do you have a recipe you can share? so intrigued in doing this!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    try Nuts n More -- I'm not kidding at all, I have dreams about this stuff. I allow myself to have one tbsp every morning... the cinnamon raisin one... oh god, insanely good. it's hard to resist myself to eat the whole jar in one sitting.

Sweet Jesus, I just Googled this and I must have it immediately. Where do you buy it?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I put various nut butters on toast, bananas, apples, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, French toast, ice cream, cheesecake, sweet potato, protein bars, yogurt, bagels, protein shakes....

I have a cabinet filled with different flavors/brands of peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter, cashew butter, cookie butter, powdered peanut butter, whipped peanut butter, fluffbutter, protein nut butters...

JIF, Nuts N More, PB&Co, Justin's, Earth Balance, Lotus, and YouFreshNaturals are my favorites. Buff Bake and Crazy Richard's are good as well.

I rarely go a day without peanut butter and during my bulk, I was known to eat it 2-3 times per day. I've spent more money on nut butters than I care to admit, but no regrets. I'm a bonafide nut butter addict. :smile:
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is probably my favorite thing to eat. I am obsessed with PB&Co Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter. I would eat it on anything but I LOVE to mix it into oatmeal. I also really like to make baked oatmeal with peanut butter.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love my pb2. It's my little dessert for myself almost ever night to curb my peanut butter craving
  • suevand
    suevand Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love it, too but have decided to cut back a bit. Instead of a tablespoon of peanut butter on my toast, I'll use a teaspoon. (And no margarine under it anymore). My new addiction is popcorn. I use way too much melted Becel margarine on it. Wish I could quit this habit.

So, for the longest time I convinced myself I didn't like peanut butter. Growing up I refused to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I would only eat jelly sandwiches!) However, this past year at 18 years old I gave PB another try, and now I'm absolutely hooked. I eat it almost everyday. I love including nut butters in as much food as I can. I've also been interested in making my own (once the jars of PB I already own are gone). I've found it's super great using those cans of mixed party nuts to make butter. So tasty! Anyway, are there any other nut butter addicts around? xD What are some of your favorite recipes including nut butter? Do you like the classic apple or berry and PB, do you mix into your oatmeal, etc? I would love to hear how all of you use it :D

• suevand
    suevand Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sharnut751 wrote: »
    Peanut Butter is probably my favorite thing to eat. I am obsessed with PB&Co Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter. I would eat it on anything but I LOVE to mix it into oatmeal. I also really like to make baked oatmeal with peanut butter.

I have never heard of this before. Sounds amazing! Crazy but amazing!
  • BLifts38
    Options

Sweet Jesus, I just Googled this and I must have it immediately. Where do you buy it?

I'm telling you -- you HAVE to order it ASAP. I got mine from vitacost.com... or you can do the vitamin shop online.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Lol you said nut butter.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    nut butter is so easy to make. Just roast the nuts, if you buy them raw, and put them in the food processor, grind them until they are nut butter and eat it up! I sometimes add salt, cocoa etc. But just nuts is best. Buying preroasted saves you having to roast them first!
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Things I have tried PB on:

1) Toast
    2) Porridge
    3) Rice cakes
    4) Dark chocolate rice cakes
    5) Milk chocolate rice cakes
    6) More peanut butter
    7) Bananas
    8) Ice cream