Fitbit Calorie Adjustment

Options
Does anyone know why my Firtbit calorie adjustment was 232 calories esrlier today and now it only say 16? I'm confused.

Replies

• chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you must have negative calories selected. The 232 was a prediction based on your previous days but you did'nt move enough to fulfill that so they took some calories away. Google fitbit negative calories for a better description.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Check the adjustment math and make sure nothing looks off (example: MFP adding logged exercise to it's calorie burn when you didn't log exercise...I've had this happen and my adjustment was all messed up)
    From app double tap the adjustment
    From the computer click the " i " next to your adjustment in the exercise diary.

What's your activity level set to on MFP?
    Did you log any exercise on MFP?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »
    you must have negative calories selected. The 232 was a prediction based on your previous days but you did'nt move enough to fulfill that so they took some calories away. Google fitbit negative calories for a better description.

That would happen regardless of negative adjustments being on or off. Negative adjustments allows MFP to subtract calories from your base goal if your not meeting your activity level based on tracker information. So if MFP thinks you should burn 1800, gives you a goal of 1300 to lose 1 lb, and fitbit reports a calorie burn of 1700; MFP will show a -100 in your exercise diary bringing you to 1200 calories.

What the OP is seeing can happen with that feature turned off.
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact same thing happen with my Garmin and I don't know why. I didn't change any settings. I logged over 13000 steps today and my calorie adjustment is 7 calories. ???
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    The last two days it quit syncing my fitbit steps to MFP. I've disconnected and re-linked the accounts, but it still doesn't work. Has anyone else been able to fix this?