"Pics" From 325lbs to 250lbs with abbs

Options
Hello. I just got onto this site and would like to share my own (ongoing) success story. About 3 years ago, I moved to Houston to attend trade school with my good friend Roy (whom a loto of you already know). I spent a good deal of time broke and would often eat whatever was cheap enough to get on my limited budget. My weight was already a hefty 310lbs or so at this time and I didnt pay it much mind because I had to prioritize school and budget over diet selection. I later got a job working security which made me even more sedentary.

IMGP2274.jpg
By last January, I had finally reached my limit at the 325lbs. My breathing was bad and I (having been a former athelete) had enough. I immediately cut out all meat, proccessed wheat, sugar and dairy products and started eating a diet that was almost 70% raw vegitable with ample amounts of beans and nuts for lean protien and as much raw fiber as I could get. I also spent $120 and bought myself a set of running shoes, abb-wheel and a set of 20lbs dumbells from the local sporting goods outlet. I was amazed at how much strength and stamina that I had lost within the short two year time span of attending school. I could barely even do 10 push-ups.

I tested myself and set my goals. I started off jogging/ half walking 1 kilo in the morning, with eveing push-ups, light squats, lunges and whatever other excersizes that I could muster while working in the security booth. My tongue was wagging at first, but I kept up my slow momentum. Within the first two months, my seamingly "feable" efforts began to show dramatic results. I was down by 40lbs and beginning to slim down quite noticably.

IMGP2314.jpg
I was at 280lbs or so and was feeling better. My stamina picked up and strength gradually improved allowing me to do harder excercises. I gauged myself and increased the duration and intensity of routine untill I began to develope a bit more muscle tone along with the weight loss. After my 5th month I had boiled myself down to a slender 240lbs.

stokerphoto123.jpg
I was getting pretty light at this point and felt that I was getting a bit too skinny. I have a backround in body-builiding, so I figured this was the right time to make the jump to the next level. I got lucky and bought a decent weight bench w/ weights for about $150 from a garage sale. I started increasing my protien with Almonds and red kidney beans and began to use heavy olive oil in my cooking. My calorie intake spiked to around 4500 calories a day. I began to hit the weights and gradually increase my limits. With the first month of weight training I looked like this...

IMGP2512.jpg

IMGP2555.jpg
Time went by and the better part of a full year had passed since I started my journey. Im at 250 (+/- 5 or 6lbs). My old weight routine had become a bit stale and my progress was starting to plateau. I had since moved into a new house and was once again rooming together with my best friend Roy (AKA roylawrence87). He was now in the midst of his own bodybuilding goals and had completed the first P90. He turned me on to trying out the advanced p90x program with him. I tested myself and set my first gaols. It has now been my first turbulent week and I can already feel muscles being worked on that I never knew existed. I feel a bit wobbly, but Im going to stick it out and see what happens.

Ill have some update pics when I have finished.

NOW....The reason that I wrote this is to show that an average joe can produce excellent results with simple hard work and persistance. The basic fact of the matter remains that your current condition is the result of your own habits. It was your current lifestyle that got you fat, and a change in your current lifestyle is whats needed to reverse it. Crash dieting, "lap-band" surgical operations and other "shortcuts" are pure garbage. If you want results then you must work for them. I didnt waste time counting calories so I could eat bad foods. I didnt take "cheap" weight loss suppliments or starve myself. I didnt waste effort on cheap lazy "atkins diets" or water pills. I ate all of the right foods and ate untill I was full. I absolutely avoided soda, burgers, sweets, pizza and other crap. No "weekend eat-outs" or violating my vegan diet. I worked out 15 min in the morning and 45min in the evening. I drank lots of water and I stuck to it without fail. I started off slowly with a long term goal and persisted.

In conclusion, If "I" can do it. Then "YOU" can do it.

Bring it! Thats the challenge.

Replies

• studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fixed your pics.
    Hello. I just got onto this site and would like to share my own (ongoing) success story. About 3 years ago, I moved to Houston to attend trade school with my good friend Roy (whom a loto of you already know). I spent a good deal of time broke and would often eat whatever was cheap enough to get on my limited budget. My weight was already a hefty 310lbs or so at this time and I didnt pay it much mind because I had to prioritize school and budget over diet selection. I later got a job working security which made me even more sedentary.

IMGP2274.jpg
    By last January, I had finally reached my limit at the 325lbs. My breathing was bad and I (having been a former athelete) had enough. I immediately cut out all meat, proccessed wheat, sugar and dairy products and started eating a diet that was almost 70% raw vegitable with ample amounts of beans and nuts for lean protien and as much raw fiber as I could get. I also spent $120 and bought myself a set of running shoes, abb-wheel and a set of 20lbs dumbells from the local sporting goods outlet. I was amazed at how much strength and stamina that I had lost within the short two year time span of attending school. I could barely even do 10 push-ups.

I tested myself and set my goals. I started off jogging/ half walking 1 kilo in the morning, with eveing push-ups, light squats, lunges and whatever other excersizes that I could muster while working in the security booth. My tongue was wagging at first, but I kept up my slow momentum. Within the first two months, my seamingly "feable" efforts began to show dramatic results. I was down by 40lbs and beginning to slim down quite noticably.

IMGP2314.jpg
    I was at 280lbs or so and was feeling better. My stamina picked up and strength gradually improved allowing me to do harder excercises. I gauged myself and increased the duration and intensity of routine untill I began to develope a bit more muscle tone along with the weight loss. After my 5th month I had boiled myself down to a slender 240lbs.

stokerphoto123.jpg
    I was getting pretty light at this point and felt that I was getting a bit too skinny. I have a backround in body-builiding, so I figured this was the right time to make the jump to the next level. I got lucky and bought a decent weight bench w/ weights for about $150 from a garage sale. I started increasing my protien with Almonds and red kidney beans and began to use heavy olive oil in my cooking. My calorie intake spiked to around 4500 calories a day. I began to hit the weights and gradually increase my limits. With the first month of weight training I looked like this...

IMGP2512.jpg

IMGP2555.jpg
    Time went by and the better part of a full year had passed since I started my journey. Im at 250 (+/- 5 or 6lbs). My old weight routine had become a bit stale and my progress was starting to plateau. I had since moved into a new house and was once again rooming together with my best friend Roy (AKA roylawrence87). He was now in the midst of his own bodybuilding goals and had completed the first P90. He turned me on to trying out the advanced p90x program with him. I tested myself and set my first gaols. It has now been my first turbulent week and I can already feel muscles being worked on that I never knew existed. I feel a bit wobbly, but Im going to stick it out and see what happens.

Ill have some update pics when I have finished.

NOW....The reason that I wrote this is to show that an average joe can produce excellent results with simple hard work and persistance. The basic fact of the matter remains that your current condition is the result of your own habits. It was your current lifestyle that got you fat, and a change in your current lifestyle is whats needed to reverse it. Crash dieting, "lap-band" surgical operations and other "shortcuts" are pure garbage. If you want results then you must work for them. I didnt waste time counting calories so I could eat bad foods. I didnt take "cheap" weight loss suppliments or starve myself. I didnt waste effort on cheap lazy "atkins diets" or water pills. I ate all of the right foods and ate untill I was full. I absolutely avoided soda, burgers, sweets, pizza and other crap. No "weekend eat-outs" or violating my vegan diet. I worked out 15 min in the morning and 45min in the evening. I drank lots of water and I stuck to it without fail. I started off slowly with a long term goal and persisted.

In conclusion, If "I" can do it. Then "YOU" can do it.

Bring it! Thats the challenge.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. :noway:
  • studentRN
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • driver_10
    driver_10 Posts: 16
    Options
    BTW... Just how the hell do you post up pics. I cant seem to get my hyperlinks to work.
  • studentRN
    Options
    BTW... Just how the hell do you post up pics. I cant seem to get my hyperlinks to work.

I quoted your msg and fixed the links. You have to change the tags to a lower case img instead of IMG
  • inguvap
    inguvap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What you did was amazing. It pays to be dedicated and consistent and results will come. You have proved that point. Keep up the good work.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hey ....awesome results....you look great......

Congrats
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    WOW!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    awesome transformation, congrats!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!!

I ABSOLUTELY agree with your statement:
    "Crash dieting, "lap-band" surgical operations and other "shortcuts" are pure garbage. If you want results then you must work for them. I didnt waste time counting calories so I could eat bad foods. I didnt take "cheap" weight loss suppliments or starve myself. I didnt waste effort on cheap lazy "atkins diets" or water pills. I ate all of the right foods and ate untill I was full. I absolutely avoided soda, burgers, sweets, pizza and other crap. No "weekend eat-outs" or violating my vegan diet. I worked out 15 min in the morning and 45min in the evening. I drank lots of water and I stuck to it without fail. I started off slowly with a long term goal and persisted. "

We are a society who wants instant gratification, but old fashioned hard work and discipline will get you there (or so I keep telling myself!)

Keep up the great work! It's great inspiration!
  • driver_10
    Options
    I quoted your msg and fixed the links. You have to change the tags to a lower case img instead of IMG

Thanks for the help.
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    Nice man. Great inspiration. I was always a athlete too. I let myself get away from me. I was close to 400 down to 297 now. I got down to 312 by just cutting out bad foods. Found this site and fixed my diet more and added exercise.

Proper diet and exercise. Yes sir. Congrats man.
  • driver_10
    Options
    We are a society who wants instant gratification, but old fashioned hard work and discipline will get you there (or so I keep telling myself!)

Keep up the great work! It's great inspiration!

Just think of it this way... A persons lifestyle over a period of time will dictate thier condition. The same time can be spent doing something benificial then wasting it doing something bad.

The main factor is "time." Its gonna pass anyway, might as well pass the time doing the right thing.

No matter what kind of seemingly impossible goals that someone is searching for, they cant go wrong with putting in the effort to get there. Its a win/win situation whether they make those goals or not when you think of it that way.

The time will pass. someone can either find yourself improved or find themself in the same rut a year later from this point today.
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    You have a great attitude and great results to show for it. I tried many of the other ways of dieting, including getting a lap band. Every time, I lost weight then gained it all back. Usually plus some. Now, I'm eating right (tons of veggies and fruit, good protein, plus minimally refined carbs). I feel great and love how I'm eating. It's good! This is how I want to eat for the rest of my life. I'm still working on the exercise part. I'm taking inspiration from your post to just keep at it. Thanks! And congrats!!!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    Holy Crap! Good job!
  • driver_10
    Options
    Nice man. Great inspiration. I was always a athlete too. I let myself get away from me. I was close to 400 down to 297 now. I got down to 312 by just cutting out bad foods. Found this site and fixed my diet more and added exercise.

Proper diet and exercise. Yes sir. Congrats man.

Heh heh....Its kinda funny a man can let himself get away like that isnt it? It doesnt even seem like 10 years has actually passed since I used to play college football. All it takes is time and bad habits to get nice and fat.

I can see that putting in the effort is paying off for you like it has (and is) for me. Keep it up. Post up some pics sometime.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Wow...You look amazing!! Thanks for the motivation! I will keep your story in mind on days I feel like giving up! Thank you for your story.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Grats on your success. Love the "hard work" attitude.
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Great story! I really like the body building part and you finding a way (like finding the exercise stuff used/on sale). As I was watching your photos in order, I was thinking oh god, he got too skinny looking..LOL. Then the next picture-- Wowsa! LOL...I love how body building and focused training can produce such results. I'm starting on the p90x journey sometime this week when I can get my dvd player hooked up. I look forward to be as successful as you:o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!