Peaches (in light syrup) Can I omit this from my sugar?

Options
I just ate some peaches and I'm already over my daily sugar limit. Which is really frustrating, this was all in my first meal of the day.
I had about a cup of jarred Tipton Grove's Peaches which the peaches are saturated in light syrup.

The nutrition facts are as listed
Calories: 160
Carbs: 40
Fat: 0
Protein: 2
Sodium: 20
Sugar: 38

I was wondering if something could be omitted or would you suggest that I keep this on my daily food diary?
Thank you!!!

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Ummm, what? Since you ate it already keep it logged. Just don't choose them again if they don't fit into your day.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Keep it in. Don't lie to yourself.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You ate it, log it.

Next time you shop, you might want to look for the canned fruit that uses Splenda, (that is if you have no issues with artificial sweeteners). I get the sliced peaches, mixed fruit salad and pineapples. I've found 2 different brands that have this kind of sweetened fruit. I have to be careful as am Type 2DM with my fruits/sugars/carbs.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I know my sugars are all from fruits, I don't worry about being over limit for sugars. What you want to limit are refined sugars.

Next time look for fruit packed in natural juices or packed in water with no sugar added. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned about the light syrup.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. You might try buying the peaches in pear juice. I started doing that since that syrup is a sugar killer.
  • celestelovesmoney
    Options
    Darn!

Thanks, guys.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    If you want peaches in the future .. Kroger has great frozen ones, way lower in
    the carbs and cals ..¾C =50calories, 13gcarb. They are the lowest peaches I've found.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If your logging isn't scrupulously honest it's of no use to you.

You can go over on one macro and still come in under you calorie goal for the day. Unless you're diabetic it's not something to worry about.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    next time eat real fruit. not chemical filled, sugar induced canned stuff. and prepare your day accordingly