No snacks = Weight gain

Options
So I use to snack all day and I quit snacking and started working out I was 135.8 and at the end of the week (a week of no snacking and adding working out) I'm not sure 138 ... I'm heart broken because that puts me further away from my goal weight (125)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're new to exercise you may be retaining water?
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Do you know exactly? Are you measuring and weighing everything? Are you avoiding using generic data like '1 banana' and actually weighing things that come in different shapes and sizes? Are you eating back exercise calories burnt? If so, are you certain those calories are correct given most exercise calorie estimates are way over?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take into account water retention diring "the" time for ladies.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP you could not have eaten 10000+ calories over your maintenance calories to gain three pounds. You body is adjusting to both eating less and exercise.

Keep a log of your weight, time of the month it is, how much sodium you are in taking and watch for trends on the scale as you continue to incorporate exercise in your daily routine.

This is not real fat gain, it is just water retention.