Now I can't stop losing weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' & 47 yrs old and my TDEE 2100-2300 with exercise. 114-117 lbs. eat more if you need it or you will keep losing.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There is no such thing as slow or fast metabolism. There was an extensive study done, where 68% of the people fall within the range of 300 calories. 98% of the people fall within the range of around 400 calories. So the probability is that your resting metabolic rate is no different than the next person.

https://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people/
    Metabolic rate does vary, and technically there could be large variance. However, statistically speaking it is unlikely the variance would apply to you. The majority of the population exists in a range of 200-300kcal from each other and do not possess hugely different metabolic rates.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    TrailNurse wrote: »
    Dietary fat does not make you fat, too many carbs do. I would up the fat (avocado and coconut oil), lower the carbs and hit the weights really hard. Leg/glute day should be your best friend.

Correct with the first sentence and wrong with the "too many carbs make you" fat statement. Weight gain has nothing to do with eating one particular macros more than the other. It's the overall caloric intake that makes you gain weight.
  • NotoriousLink
    NotoriousLink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you, guys. I've increased my calories and while I've been shooting for more protein, the difference has come from carbs because food.
    I'm getting there, though. Thanks for the positive suggestions from most of you!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dietary fat does not make you fat, too many carbs do. I would up the fat (avocado and coconut oil), lower the carbs and hit the weights really hard. Leg/glute day should be your best friend.

Leg day is always killer, but I have definitely grown to love it. I think it's just taking so much longer to see more definition in my lower body than my upper, so the idea of eating more before I even see a big change in my lower body is hard to think about.

I like the bulk/cut/bulk/cut idea. That's a good way to look at it.

To the rude ones, the one mental "something" I have, is issues with condescending people. This community is supposed to support, not attack.

No one is bring rude. They are letting you know that you need to align your caloric levels to your goals. If you want to keep cutting body fat, then keep calories as is. If you want to maintain your weight, then you need to increase calories. If you want to gain, you need to add enough calories to go above maintenance levels.

Keep in mind that if your calorie goal doesnt align to your goals, then you wont reach your goals.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight and don't want to, you have to eat more. Your arbitrary number is arbitrary. Your body is telling you that the number is too low for maintenance.

(That's the first time I've typed that sentence on MFP.)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Fat, carbs or protein are not the culprits of fat gain. Over intake of energy is.

OP, reducing carbs is not going to spot reduce anything.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight (120lb), I maintained on 2400kcal + exercise as logged on mfp. It took me a while to accept too, but that's how it is. Now I wouldn't lose on 1800 because it would be too great a cut.

Saying something is 'mental' should not be insulting to anyone. If you can't change your mind about something, when reality proves itself to be different, you have a mental block. I hope you can see now that no one was trying to insult you.
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic and somewhat contentious too... @Notoriousink i think we are or wereat some stage programmed by media and society to believe that FAT is fattening and unhealthy!! This was started with best intentions by the National Heart Foundation many years ago. It seems logical given ipids in the bloodstream were assumed to be sourced directly from the gut.
    Without fat in the diet vitamins would not be able to be assimilated, over and kidney function and even construction, being made entirely from fat! The greatest fat out there is Coconut Oil check it out in Google!!

What to do?
    Take photos now
    Log your measurements now
    Tinker with your Macros and add coconut oil, nuts and seeds
    Monitor the results down the track later and reassess and adjust

Fact - everyone responds differently to foods! That's why medicine and fitness is an ART, not a SCIENCE! The great experiment of life is to find out what works best for you!
    Good luck and great work on your achievements so far!!!