Overtraining?

2»

Replies

• Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Usually boils down to diet and rest. If it's not one it is usually the other.

For the vast majority of people, this. Overtrained/overreached is a lot harder to get to than most people think it is.

Agreed
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

For the vast majority of people, this. Overtrained/overreached is a lot harder to get to than most people think it is.

but what if you have two bad days in a row?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    DavPul wrote: »

but what if you have two bad days in a row?

I can't remember the last time I had one training day that I could describe as bad, never mind two. I miss weights sometimes, but there is usually a concrete, visible reason behind it.

I know what overreached feels like. And it's not as simple as just one or two bad days.

But then, my coach is very one top of how I'm feeling at any given time and will hand me a deload week any time he feels I need it.
  • bigbuffbarry
    bigbuffbarry Posts: 38 Member
    Are you eating enough? More muscle requires more energy. If youve been working out for months youve probably put on a few lbs of muscle. Maybe try upping the calories a bit.