Back at it after turbulence

GotYR06
GotYR06 Posts: 30 Member
I was hardcore into working out then stopped. I was in an abusive relationship and lost myself for a long time. I am slowly getting back into it. I find I am always tired and don't know how I worked out for hours before. I'd love to hear if people have similar stories. Seems like I hit 41 and my body has changed. Need motivation from new friends.

Replies

• TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    It will come back slowly as you get more into it. I stopped for quite sometime and was napping almost every day. 5 weeks in again and I no longer need to nap at all and feel 100% better. While being in an abusive relationship wasn't the reason I quit working out this time, I was in one quite a few years ago and it was the worst time of my life. So I can understand how you felt and know just how difficult it was and is to come back to where you were. All I can say is just keep trying and don't let little set backs ruin your enthusiasm. You're going to have good days and bad, so just keep at it!
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    edited April 2016
    Even if all you can do is 30" a couple of times a week, try to do that. Slowly build back up to where you were, or to where you want to be now, both emotionally, and physically. Don't bully yourself!
  • bubbles2621
    bubbles2621 Posts: 546 Member
    Please feel free to add me as a friend/supporter. I have been up down, in out, I started my highest weight was at 340, I am down a hundred pounds, well actually plus that, but gained some back. I am in the process of a divorce and it's definitely been really tough. I went from training for half ironmans to nothing. Slowly trying to get back at it myself and could use the support also. I try to tell myself everyday, it's a new day, I can do this. I am strong, and will become stronger each day. You can also do it!! Day by day it will get easier, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am 48 and also struggle with adrenal fatigue due to stress in my life, but you gotta keep trying, never give up, never give in is my motto :)
  • GotYR06
    Please feel free to add me as a friend/supporter. I have been up down, in out, I started my highest weight was at 340, I am down a hundred pounds, well actually plus that, but gained some back. I am in the process of a divorce and it's definitely been really tough. I went from training for half ironmans to nothing. Slowly trying to get back at it myself and could use the support also. I try to tell myself everyday, it's a new day, I can do this. I am strong, and will become stronger each day. You can also do it!! Day by day it will get easier, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am 48 and also struggle with adrenal fatigue due to stress in my life, but you gotta keep trying, never give up, never give in is my motto :)

• GotYR06
    I would love to add you. I'm new to this so don't know how.
  • GotYR06
    Even if all you can do is 30" a couple of times a week, try to do that. Slowly build back up to where you were, or to where you want to be now, both emotionally, and physically. Don't bully yourself!

You're exactly right! ;)